RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: practical advice for sabbath keeping

  • J. Parnell McCarter
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2005
      Others have shared very good advice. Here is another you might consider.
      Many on this list home school. Maybe you do too? As the father, subjects I
      teach (which helps relieve my wife of at least some subjects) are Bible,
      catechism, and church history.

      I give the children work to do during the week, and we review and go over it
      on Sunday afternoon and evening, after the services.

      For Bible I use the Sabbath Bible Survey Tests and Assignments book at
      http://www.puritans.net/curriculum/ . (eg, they prepare for the tests
      during the week, which I administer grade, and go over with them on Sunday)

      For Shorter Catechism and WCF I use GI Williamson's books. For Larger
      Catechism I use the resource at http://www.puritans.net/curriculum/ .

      For church history I use the textbooks and teacher manuals at
      http://www.puritans.net/curriculum/ .

      - Parnell McCarter