Proverbs Blog

  • puritan1649
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2005
      Please visit the new 'blog' dedicated to aiding in the daily study
      of the book of Proverbs. D.V. we will be cycling through Solomon's
      Wisdom monthly with the help and comment of the Puritans, Reformers
      and Patristics. Put it in your links and visit often.

      Ancient Sagacity: http://wisepoesy.blogspot.com/

      "Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid
      Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God
      and of ourselves." "When he enjoins them to be wise, he indirectly
      condemns their false confidence in their own wisdom as if he had
      said, the beginning of true wisdom is when a man lays aside his
      pride, and submits himself to the authority of Christ."

      ~John Calvin Institutes of the Christian Religion I.i.1 & Commentary
      on Psalm 2