Re: Covenanting today?

  • david0684uk
    Message 1 of 734 , May 22 6:02 PM
      Kind of continued...<br><br>(I'm feeling
      particularly militant today... please excuse
      me...)<br><br>P.S. God *is* still a God of covenants; He's still a
      God with a covenant people, who in this age are those
      of the faith of Abraham, previously exhibited under
      the type of those descended physically from
      Abraham... it's the attempt to make God covenant with those
      who neither are of believe nor are a type of
      believers that I'm objecting to!<br><br>We live in the New
      Covenant era, an era in which we're promised that the
      knowledge of God will be written on the hearts of ALL God's
      covenant people:<br><br>"31 Behold, the days come, saith
      the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the
      house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:<br>32 Not
      according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in
      the day that I took them by the hand to bring them
      out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they
      brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the
      LORD:<br>33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make
      with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the
      LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and
      write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and
      they shall be my people.<br>34 And they shall teach no
      more every man his neighbour, and every man his
      brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know
      me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them,
      saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and
      I will remember their sin no more."<br>(Jeremiah
      31:31-34)<br><br>That's right folks; in this era, God isn't in covenant
      with unbelievers. The biblical revelation is
      progressive, and with the dawning of the global gospel age,
      some of the supporting machinery of the national and
      less spiritual phase has been allowed to fall away...
      let's not try to resurrect it.<br><br>David
    • almo_no1
      Message 734 of 734 , Sep 18, 2001
        prayers are easy gmw, you've got 'em.