please pray for David Kim, 2-year old boy

  • josephylee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2005

      Friends,

      I am sending this e-mail to make an urgent prayer request for David Kim, Brian and Lauren's 2 yr old boy. Pls pray for him and his family after you finish reading this e-mail. Pls forward this e-mail to your prayer buddies so they can pray for him as well.

      Here is the situation:

      After a minor incident at home, David was rushed to emergency on 12/24. They scanned his brain and discovered that there was bleeding in the brain and they performed emergency surgery. They suspected that he suffered stroke when he had  seizure few days prior. The surgery was successful and doctors paralyzed him (w/ medicine to minimize brain activity because brain was swelling up to dangerous level. Everything went fine and they began to withdraw medication and bring him back. As of last night, 3 days after complete withdrawal of the medication, he is not waking up. Doctors expected him to restore cognitive responses w/in a day. Only physical response is slight eye movement but there is no cognitive response. Now we are praying and waiting for him to wake up. Doctors are saying it can take up to a year.

      Please pray that:

      1)      David will wake up quickly without any permanent damages.

      2)      Brian & Lauren will remain strong physically and spiritually. That they will hold on to their faith in our almighty God who created David.

      3)      Our congregation will know how to be one body and pray for a hurting member.

      4)      God's glory is shown even through this very difficult situation.

      Deacon Steve
    • Cathie-Iris:Soles, widowed Jan.4.2005
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2005
        Hello Deacon Steve;

        Certainly, now that I know of this family's need, I'll be praying as
        you requested.

        Where are you located?

        And please keep up posted of any change.

        In Christ,

        ~Cathie-Iris:Soles~
        rpna
        Northern Wilderness of BC
        Canada

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, josephylee@a...

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2005
          PS

          Deacon Steve;

          Could you please grant to me permission to cross post your request
          to post at covenanters, the list that I'm a moderator for?

          ~cis~