Fwd: In regard to Brother Grant

  • Mrs.Cathie-Iris:Soles
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2005
      ---------- Forwarded Message ----------

      Subject: In regard to Brother Grant
      Date: January 12, 2005 05:59 am
      From: manysoles@...
      To: Cathie Soles <dsranch@...>

      These are just a few thoughts I've had.  Many more in there, though not
      spoken or written!

      Re: In regard to Brother Grant

      From:
      "Mrs.Cathie-Iris:Soles" <dsranch@...>

      Date:
      Today 06:33:25 am

      Dearest sister, Vera your thoughts are beautiful.

      ~cis~

      January 10, 2005

      My thoughts as the sister-in-law that lived just across the pasture from
      Grant:

      Grant had such a passion for scripture and the Psalms, and during the last
      days of his illness, he soaked in and inundated himself with them, especially
      in song. He could not sing anymore as he was very weak and his voice was too
      hoarse, but he sang in his heart as he listened to Psalms on CD. His only
      relief from pain was to thoroughly worship our Lord and Savior through Psalm
      singing.

      I believe Grant was slowly walking into the presence of the Lord, where one
      will not be able to keep oneself from praise and worship. “Thou art worthy,
      O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for thou hast created all
      things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.” Rev. 4:11 “And I
      heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many
      waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, “Alleluia: for the
      Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to
      him; for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself
      ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen,
      clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.” Rev.
      19:6-8.

      During his last 3 days or so, the pain through his left side receded, although
      the flatulent stomach pain remained. Grant counseled Cathie in various areas
      of concern for when he wouldn’t be here anymore. On January 3, the doctor
      and her husband visited him, and he miraculously was able to retell to Cathie
      their whole conversation without losing his train of thought and with a
      stronger voice, rejoicing that he was able to share the importance of
      praising the Lord through the Psalms with someone of similar mind. That
      night he prayed that Cathie would be comforted that she had cared for him to
      the best of her ability.

      I believe Grant was slowly walking into the presence of the Lord. “And God
      shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death,
      neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the
      former things are passed away.” Rev. 21:4.

      All night, in his sleep, Grant was doing another thing he absolutely enjoyed:
      working on some sort of machine. His hands and arms were busy picking up
      parts or tools and trying to make something run. He had been losing the
      circulation to his left hand and arm for a couple weeks, but by morning the
      circulation was back. When he removed his glasses, he noticed that his
      vision was much clearer as he saw one of the horses in the corral far off.
      (Since when has Grant been able to see the back of his hand without
      glasses?!)

      I believe Grant was slowly walking into the presence of the Lord. “And he
      that sat upon the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Rev. 21:5

      After Cathie went outside to move the ladder that he said was obstructing his
      vision, he got his Bible. His heart was so full of worship and desire to be
      with Christ. Cathie found his Bible open to Colossians 3. We don’t know
      where he stopped reading on the page, but this is what I think he was
      reading:

      If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where
      Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above,
      not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with
      Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye
      also appear with him in glory. Col. 3:1-4

      I believe Grant was seeking those things which are above. He had no desire
      anymore for things on the earth. Worshiping with the Psalm CD, he was slowly
      walking into the presence of the Lord. He got off the bed, slowly walked to
      the bathroom, and just kept right on walking to meet the One he loved and
      sought to obey, leaving the wrapping for his spirit behind.

      And that may be the exact time that Cathie felt the flood of reassurance
      within her that Grant was fine. She waved toward the house in case he was
      looking out the window. Cathie didn’t know it then, but she was probably
      waving to his spirit as he walked to meet the Lord. When she came in 15-20
      minutes later, Grant had already left.

      “And he said unto me, “It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and
      the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water
      of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be
      his God, and he shall be my son.”
      Rev. 21:6-7

      Here are a few other thoughts that are in my head:
      As I arrived at Cathie’s house shortly after she phoned me that Tuesday, I saw
      Grant’s spirit wrapping for the last time. I realized again how everything
      that makes us who we are is within our spirit. Our body is the wrapping that
      God used, and without the life, the character, the personality that our
      spirit gives to the wrapping, our body only merely resembles us to a degree,
      but it is not us. We do not look the same at all without the life that God
      breathed into us. We do not even look like we’re sleeping because even when
      we sleep, we have life. The way we walk, move our arms, tilt our head,
      chuckle, laugh, cry, sit, stand, run, and move our muscles and ligaments in
      any way is a result of the spirit within us. The way we view ourselves and
      others and the type of character we have shows the type of spirit within.
      God told us to have a pure, reverent, meek, gentle and quiet spirit because
      that will cause our inner self to be beautiful, which will in turn be
      reflected in our outer wrapping. A ‘beautiful’ outer wrapping does not make
      our spirit beautiful, thus nullifying the outer wrapping. The spirit given
      us when Jesus Christ is within will be reflected in the appearance of our
      wrapping and the movements our wrapping makes. Still we are not perfect in
      the mortal state because of the curse of sin, but God is ever ready to
      forgive when we ask. That is beautiful.