I know we mainly discuss theology but...

  • Shawn Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2004
      I was going thru some old emails and came across this... thought it
      was humorous.

      ------
      SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

      a.) The number of physicians in the United
      States is 700,000.

      b.) Accidental deaths caused by physicians per
      year is 120,000.

      c.) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171
      (US Dept. of Health & Human Services)

      So, think about this:

      a.) The number of gun owners in the US is
      80,000,000 (yes, eighty-million)

      b.) The number of accidental gun deaths per
      year (all age groups) is 1,500.

      c.) the number of accidental deaths per gun
      owner is 0.0000188

      Statistically, doctors are about 9,000 times
      more dangerous than gun owners.

      FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but almost
      everyone has a doctor. Alert your friends
      to this threat. We must ban doctors before
      this gets out of hand.

      As a public health measure I have withheld the
      statistics on lawyers for fear that the shock
      could cause people to seek medical attention!