Subject: Re: Re: Question

  • Benjamin Hart
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 21, 2004
      > I don't know what your faith teaches. But as far as
      God is concerned,
      > you are married. And His opinion is the only one
      that matters. "What
      > God hath joined together, let man not tear asunder."
      >
      > The Church of Rome can jump in the lake.

      Which lake? of fire?

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • covie1646
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 21, 2004
        Unless the Papist church repents and returns to the Lord and His
        Church, then they've no other choice but to go for a (eternal) swim
        in the lake of fire. Seeing that they've Anti-Christ as its head,
        I'm not sure how likely that repentance will be.

        Whit

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Hart
        <benhartmail@y...> wrote:

        > > I don't know what your faith teaches. But as far as
        > God is concerned,
        > > you are married. And His opinion is the only one
        > that matters. "What
        > > God hath joined together, let man not tear asunder."
        > >
        > > The Church of Rome can jump in the lake.
        >
        > Which lake? of fire?

        > http://my.yahoo.com
      • Barry Ferguson
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 21, 2004
          Whit:

              Pope John Paul is already in heaven (Ephesians 2.6).

              His very mortal body has not yet joined him.

              Meanwhile, we'll be praying for the lake of fire in your belly, which apparently needs to be put out with the cool, clean, refreshing spring of Christian charity welling up to eternal life (John 4.14; I John 4.7 - 5.5)

              You will not be able to co-exist with your brothers and sisters in heaven, Whit, until you learn to drop your tiny little prejudices against a much larger body of believers, Catholic and Protestant, a larger body that you, as part of a tiny little sectarian splinter group, want no part of.

              Since my prayers have already started to prevail on your behalf (James 5.16), you might as well start stretching that tiny little sectarian head and heart of yours beginning today (Ephesians 3.14-21)

               Blessings, grace, and peace be multiplied on you and yours today and always

               now and evermore.

               Barry Ferguson

          <benhartmail@y...> wrote:

          > > I don't know what your faith teaches. But as far as
          > God is concerned,
          > > you are married. And His opinion is the only one
          > that matters. "What
          > > God hath joined together, let man not tear asunder."
          > >
          > > The Church of Rome can jump in the lake.
          >
          > Which lake?  of fire?

          > http://my.yahoo.com

          Do you Yahoo!?
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 22, 2004
            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Barry Ferguson
            <gogon789@y...> wrote:

            > You will not be able to co-exist with your brothers and sisters
            in heaven, Whit, until you learn to drop your tiny little prejudices
            against a much larger body of believers, Catholic and Protestant, a
            larger body that you, as part of a tiny little sectarian splinter
            group, >want no part of.

            At this time, I ask all of the members and even the lurkers here,
            whether Christian or Jew, Papist or Lutheran, Mormon or Episcopalian,
            to put down your Bibles, hold hands, and sway back and forth is
            unison. I'd say we should sing something, but who am I to say what we
            should sing --- everybody sing whatever you want to, it's love that
            counts around here!

            I know! Let's play leap-frog all the way back to Rome!

            Ugh.

            May God fill you all with hatred for the papacy.

            gmw.
          • Theodore Letis
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 22, 2004
              Gentlemen,

              I have no idea why you allow this PR spokesman for Rome to remain on your list. No man claiming to be the vicar of Christ is anywhere but hell. Barry is here for one reason and one reason only--to draw away weak ones to his side. Here you have given him a free forum to do this.

              <benhartmail@y...> wrote:

              > > I don't know what your faith teaches. But as far as
              > God is concerned,
              > > you are married. And His opinion is the only one
              > that matters. "What
              > > God hath joined together, let man not tear asunder."
              > >
              > > The Church of Rome can jump in the lake.
              >
              > Which lake?  of fire?

              > http://my.yahoo.com

              Do you Yahoo!?

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • solideo45
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 22, 2004
                <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:

                > I know! Let's play leap-frog all the way back to Rome!
                >
                > Ugh.
                >
                > May God fill you all with hatred for the papacy.
                >
                > gmw.

                On a similar note, Glenn and I listened to David Silversides message
                which can been found on Sermon Audio entiteld "Is the pope the
                antichrist" or some such. Having been raised in American
                presbyterianism I of course thought anyone who considered the anti-
                christ in general and it being the pope in particular, was a looney
                toon...If anyone one this list thinks such, I would highly recommend
                Mr. Silversides LOVING,grace filled, biblical look at the topic. If
                we truly love those who are unconverted slaves to the "whore of
                babylon" we must know the truth about the matter from Scripture. I
                couldn't recommend David's message more highly. I am so sorry that
                it is a topic dismissed out of hand, without study, in most
                presbyterian churches. Especially since the American church decided
                to drop the "pope as anti-christ" language from their version of the
                confession.
                Something to think about that is TRULY not nutty. SNF
              • Kevin
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 22, 2004
                  solideo45 wrote:

                  > If anyone one this list thinks such, I would highly recommend
                  > Mr. Silversides LOVING,grace filled, biblical look at the topic. If
                  > we truly love those who are unconverted slaves to the "whore of
                  > babylon" we must know the truth about the matter from Scripture. I
                  > couldn't recommend David's message more highly. I am so sorry that
                  > it is a topic dismissed out of hand, without study, in most
                  > presbyterian churches. Especially since the American church decided
                  > to drop the "pope as anti-christ" language from their version of the
                  > confession.
                  > Something to think about that is TRULY not nutty.

                  As one born, raised, seminary-trained, and ordained Roman, I have my
                  own perspective on things.
                  Is the papacy the antichrist? Yes, most definitely. That church
                  and its higher-ups are truly deceitful and quite evil. And it doesn't
                  matter how many Romans there are (1 billion last count), or how many
                  Protestants are sympathetic to them. Jesus alone is King and His church
                  is not ruled by democratic vote. Though I'm Lutheran now (a 5-pointer),
                  I've been doing some intense study on the topic of the National Covenant
                  & Solemn League & Covenant, and I'm moving toward the notion that these
                  two confessions could stand a second, very sympathetic, examination by
                  contemporary Christians.
                  As for Rome itself, I can only pray that those who are still in her
                  clutches (the remainder of my family) will one day be given the gift of
                  faith so that they too can leave it.

                  In Christ,
                  Kevin
                • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 22, 2004
                    In the famous words of that dude from Los Angeles..

                    "Can't we all just get along?"

                    !Ya Basta!

                    !Roma, que se vaya al infierno!

                    Berry, watch your soul, and the cup you drink from!

                    -Edgar

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 22, 2004
                      He has been removed.

                      gmw.

                      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Theodore Letis
                      <bucerian@y...> wrote:
                      > Gentlemen,
                      >
                      > I have no idea why you allow this PR spokesman for Rome to remain
                      on your list. No man claiming to be the vicar of Christ is anywhere
                      but hell. Barry is here for one reason and one reason only--to draw
                      away weak ones to his side. Here you have given him a free forum to
                      do this.

                      > Barry Ferguson <gogon789@y...> wrote:
                      > Whit:
                      >

                      > Pope John Paul is already in heaven (Ephesians 2.6).
                      >
                      > His very mortal body has not yet joined him.
                      >
                      > Meanwhile, we'll be praying for the lake of fire in your belly,
                      which apparently needs to be put out with the cool, clean, refreshing
                      spring of Christian charity welling up to eternal life (John 4.14; I
                      John 4.7 - 5.5)

                      > You will not be able to co-exist with your brothers and sisters
                      in heaven, Whit, until you learn to drop your tiny little prejudices
                      against a much larger body of believers, Catholic and Protestant, a
                      larger body that you, as part of a tiny little sectarian splinter
                      group, want no part of.

                      > Since my prayers have already started to prevail on your behalf
                      (James 5.16), you might as well start stretching that tiny little
                      sectarian head and heart of yours beginning today (Ephesians 3.14-21)

                      > Blessings, grace, and peace be multiplied on you and yours
                      today and always

                      > now and evermore.
                      >

                      > Barry Ferguson
                      >
                      > covie1646 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                      >
                      > Unless the Papist church repents and returns to the Lord and His
                      > Church, then they've no other choice but to go for a (eternal) swim
                      > in the lake of fire. Seeing that they've Anti-Christ as its head,
                      > I'm not sure how likely that repentance will be.
                      >
                      > Whit
                      >
                      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Hart
                      > <benhartmail@y...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > I don't know what your faith teaches. But as far as
                      > > God is concerned,
                      > > > you are married. And His opinion is the only one
                      > > that matters. "What
                      > > > God hath joined together, let man not tear asunder."
                      > > >
                      > > > The Church of Rome can jump in the lake.
                      > >
                      > > Which lake? of fire?

                      > > Meet the all-new My Yahoo! - Try it today!
                      > > http://my.yahoo.com

                      Service.

                      > Meet the all-new My Yahoo! – Try it today!
                    • Robbie Stark
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 22, 2004

                        "Essence of lies, and quintessence of blasphemy, as the religion of Rome is, it never the less fascinates a certain order of Protestants, of whom we fear it may be truly said that, "they have received a strong delusion to believe a lie, that they may be damned". Seeing that it is so, it becomes all who would preserve their fellow-immortals from destruction to be plain and earnest in their warnings. Not in a party spirit, but for truths sake, our Protestantism must protest perpetually. Dignitaries of the papal confederacy are just now very prominent in benevolant movements, and we may be sure that they have ends to serve other than those which strike the public eye.
                        A priest lives only for his church; he may profess to have other objects, but this is a mere blind.  Our ancient enemies have a small belief in our common sense if they imagine that we shall ever be able to trust them, after having so often beheld the depths of the Jesuitical cunning and duplicity. The sooner we let certain Archbishiops and Cardinals know that we are aware of their designs, and will in nothing co-operate with them, the better for us and our country.  Of course, we shall be howled as bigots, but we can afford to smile at that cry, when it comes from the church which invented the Inquisition.
                        "No peace with Rome" is the motto of reason as well as religion.

                        C.H. Spurgeon
                        January 1873

                        <benhartmail@y...> wrote:

                        > > I don't know what your faith teaches. But as far as
                        > God is concerned,
                        > > you are married. And His opinion is the only one
                        > that matters. "What
                        > > God hath joined together, let man not tear asunder."
                        > >
                        > > The Church of Rome can jump in the lake.
                        >
                        > Which lake?  of fire?

                        > http://my.yahoo.com

                        Do you Yahoo!?
                        Meet the all-new My Yahoo! – Try it today!

                        Do you Yahoo!?
                        Meet the all-new My Yahoo! – Try it today!

                      • Gustavo Ruggeri Meister
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 24, 2004
                          Susan,
                          I think that, no matter Catholic or Lutheran or Prebyterian, it�s as you said, a Christian Church. The fact is that the secularism�s coming into the church.

                          Gustavo Ruggeri Meister
                          from Tokyo

                          susanandcrew <gpyp@...> wrote:

                          I just drove home from the grocery store and thought of this post
                          when I saw this lovely sign on the marquee in front of a local
                          Christian church (I'm not sure what flavor, but could have been
                          Catholic or maybe Lutheran?):

                          "Come join us for our Christmas breakfast with baby Jesus and Santa."

                          ????!!!!

                          Ei Yi Yi.

                          Susan

                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 24, 2004
                            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Kevin
                            <globachio@c...> wrote:

                            > As one born, raised, seminary-trained, and ordained Roman, I
                            have my
                            > own perspective on things.
                            > Is the papacy the antichrist? Yes, most definitely.

                            Kevin,

                            I just got off the phone with my friend, J.K., and now that I realize
                            who you are....

                            WELCOME! I hope to meet you someday soon.

                            gmw (friends call me Jerry).
                          • Kevin
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 24, 2004
                              gmw wrote:

                              > I just got off the phone with my friend, J.K., and now that I realize
                              > who you are....

                              Thanks for the welcome. J.K. mentioned you to me also. I know
                              you're not *that* far away so getting together shouldn't be impossible.

                              In Christ,
                              Kevin
                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 26, 2004
                                http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0406276.htm

                                Interesting, yet strangely familiar sounding.

                                gmw.

                                --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Robbie Stark
                                <igrus@o...> wrote:

                                > "Essence of lies, and quintessence of blasphemy, as the religion of
                                Rome is, it never the less fascinates a certain order of Protestants,
                                of whom we fear it may be truly said that, "they have received a
                                strong delusion to believe a lie, that they may be damned". Seeing
                                that it is so, it becomes all who would preserve their
                                fellow-immortals from destruction to be plain and earnest in their
                                warnings. Not in a party spirit, but for truths sake, our
                                Protestantism must protest perpetually. Dignitaries of the papal
                                confederacy are just now very prominent in benevolant movements, and
                                we may be sure that they have ends to serve other than those which
                                strike the public eye.
                                > A priest lives only for his church; he may profess to have other
                                objects, but this is a mere blind. Our ancient enemies have a small
                                belief in our common sense if they imagine that we shall ever be able
                                to trust them, after having so often beheld the depths of the
                                Jesuitical cunning and duplicity. The sooner we let certain
                                Archbishiops and Cardinals know that we are aware of their designs,
                                and will in nothing co-operate with them, the better for us and our
                                country. Of course, we shall be howled as bigots, but we can afford
                                to smile at that cry, when it comes from the church which invented the
                                Inquisition.
                                > "No peace with Rome" is the motto of reason as well as religion.
                                >
                                > C.H. Spurgeon
                                > January 1873

                                Service.
                              • Robbie Stark
                                Message 15 of 15 , Nov 26, 2004

                                  Isn't that nice of his Popeness.

                                  Charlie knew Rome and she ain't changed her spots!

                                  Robbie

                                  <igrus@o...> wrote:

                                  > "Essence of lies, and quintessence of blasphemy, as the religion of
                                  Rome is, it never the less fascinates a certain order of Protestants,
                                  of whom we fear it may be truly said that, "they have received a
                                  strong delusion to believe a lie, that they may be damned". Seeing
                                  that it is so, it becomes all who would preserve their
                                  fellow-immortals from destruction to be plain and earnest in their
                                  warnings. Not in a party spirit, but for truths sake, our
                                  Protestantism must protest perpetually. Dignitaries of the papal
                                  confederacy are just now very prominent in benevolant movements, and
                                  we may be sure that they have ends to serve other than those which
                                  strike the public eye.
                                  > A priest lives only for his church; he may profess to have other
                                  objects, but this is a mere blind.  Our ancient enemies have a small
                                  belief in our common sense if they imagine that we shall ever be able
                                  to trust them, after having so often beheld the depths of the
                                  Jesuitical cunning and duplicity. The sooner we let certain
                                  Archbishiops and Cardinals know that we are aware of their designs,
                                  and will in nothing co-operate with them, the better for us and our
                                  country.  Of course, we shall be howled as bigots, but we can afford
                                  to smile at that cry, when it comes from the church which invented the
                                  Inquisition.
                                  > "No peace with Rome" is the motto of reason as well as religion.
                                  >
                                  > C.H. Spurgeon
                                  > January 1873

                                  Service.