Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Solemn League and Covenant Lecture

  • Glenn Ferrell
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 17, 2004
      Thank you Brian.  I did not realize the text was on the Loughbrickland web site.  This is essentially the content of the recorded message.  I appreciate having it in print.  While some of you go further with the covenants than Mr. Silverside, I find this a great introduction for many North Americans who know little, if anything, of the SL&C.  He maintains they are still binding on England, Scotland and Ireland.  He doesn't say anything about whether they're binding elsewhere, but he was speaking to an Ulster Irish audience.  It also makes clear that the SL&C came first and the Westminster Standards resulted from it.

      Glenn

      http://www.loughbrickland.org/Articles/slc.shtml

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
      <gferrell@m...> wrote:
      > A few weeks ago, I listened to a lecture by the Reverend David
      > Silversides, Pastor of the Loughbrickland Reformed Presbyterian
      Church,
      > a congregation of the RPCI in Northern Ireland, on the Solemn
      League and