Re: He Being Dead Yet Speaketh

  • Bondage_of_Will
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2001
      Sola:<br><br>Luther denied particularism, was he
      What is this, a term coined in the last 5 years or
      something? I'm taking for granted that you mean Martin
      Luther denied Particular Atonement. So I guess you are
      saying that Luther took the monumental amount of time
      that it must have taken to write his book Bondage of
      the Will in order to say that man's will contributes
      NOTHING WHATSOEVER to his salvation. And then 5 minutes
      later in a sermon Luther says, "And so since we know
      that Jesus died for all men but in the end not all are
      saved, it's up to you to make your decision for Christ
      of your own free will." Martin Luther was a lot of
      things, but he certainly was not an ass. There are
      statements by John Calvin which seem to indicate he believed
      that God desired all men to be saved, which if taken
      in the entire context mean nothing of the kind.