Re: [Covenanted Reformation] conspiracy theory always bad history

  • bucerian
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2004
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Dotzler"
      <keipen@c...> wrote:
      > Mr. Letis wrote:
      >
      > The Catholic church had NOTHING whatsoever to do with the RV.
      >
      > That remains to be seen.

      Not if this last e-mail of yours was suppose to prove otherwise. It
      is ironic that the title of this thread is: "conspiracy theory always
      bad history," and yet all that you presented was more of the same.
      Perhaps if I provide you with another example from the people from
      whom you have picked up your bad habits (Ruckmanites all), you can
      see the techniue you have become addicted to. What link that follows
      is my reply to the crazy woman Riplinger as found in my book, THE
      ECCLESIASTICAL TEXT: TEXT CRITICISM, BIBLICAL AUTHORITY AND THE
      POPULAR MIND:

      http://www.holywordcafe.com/bible/white08b.gif

      My friend, you have offered NO evidence that either Westcott or Hort
      were part of a Jesuit conspiracy, or that Rome had anything
      whatsoever to do with the RV revision committee. NONE of your sources
      provide even a hint of this, because none of these authors ever
      argued this. It is a theory formulated by Peter Ruckman and repeated
      for 30 years. He got it from Benjamin Wilkinson, a Seventh-Day
      Adventist. You are wrong about this and I will say it one more time
      that it is irresponsible to repeat this misinformation on discussion
      lists, or elsewhere. You destroy the cause you think you are
      defending. Give up the conspiracy theory and become a real student of
      the subject (i.e., throw out your Ruckmanite library :-).

      Theodore P. Letis
      www.thetext.org