[Covenanted Reformation] Re: Alpha Coarse

  • covie1646
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
      My current church (a semi-charismatic church) uses and emphasises the
      Alpha course. Since the church believes the Doctrines of Grace,
      unlimited atonment is not taught in the course. However, what gets
      me is that it emphasises a "non-threatening" atmosphere, which seems
      to allow anything to be discussed in a "non-controversial" manner and
      thus does not emphasise the Gospel or allows heresies to be discussed
      on the same plane as Christianity. I would not recommend the course
      becaues of that.

      Whit

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Anglicananswer@a...
      wrote:
      > I have been told by some Anglicans that the Alpha course is a bland
      broad
      > based evangelical semi Charismatic approach that can be used by
      anyone (including
      > Roman Catholics).
      >
      > As for unlimited atonement....I suspect the course doesnt even know
      whatthe
      > atonement means...but then again...I think Evangelism Explosion is
      Arminian to