Re: [Covenanted Reformation] The Pope is very Antichrist.

    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 1, 2004
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Fraas"
      <fraasrd@y...> wrote:
      > "Rome has at least going for it a certain coherency among its
      people,
      > its clergy, its teaching office and its leader, and it has historic
      > cohesion, ..."
      >
      > It does? Haven't you seen the war going on between rival factions
      in
      > the Roman Catholic Church on theology, liturgy, charismatic gifts,
      > Mariology, and the very definition of catholicity? It's not
      coherent
      > at all.

      Shh!!!! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! You're
      gonna blow the gig, Riley!

      Have you seen this yet? http://www.truecatholic.org/

      gmw.
    • Barry Ferguson
      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 8, 2004
        Dan:

             Blessings to your and your loved ones as well.

             Barry

        Dan Fraas <fraasrd@...> wrote:

        >      Are there any errors in the K.J.V.?

        I don't know.  I'm still a novice in Greek and Hebrew.  Ask me again
        in about 30 years.  Right now I find the KJV to be the most accurate
        and most skillful translation among all English translations which I
        have studied.

        >       Calvin and King James are both first rate, but are there no
        contemporary translations or commentaries you can safely recommend?

        The New King James Version is not bad.  I'm not as well-read in newer
        commentaries compared to the older stuff.  I hear that James M. Boice
        has some good stuff.

        Blessings in Christ,

        Riley

        Do you Yahoo!?