[Covenanted Reformation] Re: Bible translations and reformed churches

  • bucerian
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 1, 2004

      > Actually I wasn't able to read what Paul posted until this evening,
      > because my ISP has been timing out when trying to connect to
      > holywordcafe.com. But a friend of mine was able to forward the PDF
      > to me and I was able to see all those things. What White should
      > have said is that he was wrong about you being a theonomist and
      > assumed too much from your connections; that you hating all
      Baptists
      > was something he said heatedly and without thinking and he was
      sorry
      > (as the facts obviously vindicate you); and that he can accuse a
      > LCMS Lutheran of being anti-Trinitarian for the reasons he did is
      > pretty incredible all right and makes him look very bad.
      >
      > Chris
      >
      > Montreal, QC
      > RPNA

      Chris,

      This as very much appreciated...

      > (As a Reformed post-millennial theonomist, I don't really see why
      > *everyone* shouldn't be theonomists too with me but that is neither
      > here nor there....) :)

      Ah, and so we all shall all be once our King sets up His thrown here
      (but not in a pre-mil sense):-).

      TPL
    • covie1646
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 2, 2004
        > Finally, James White has a record of this kind of character
        > assasination, as Paul's exchange with him posted here makes clear.
        > Moreover, he is something of a phoney academic wannabe, as I
        > have proven elsewhere (I fully realize that this is strong language
        > but my assertion is proven by the facts), and that he treats
        orthodox
        > people with the same disdain that he does the cults that he
        crusades
        > against, is shameful.

        The James White of Alpha Omega Ministries or another James White?

        Whit
      • Anglicananswer@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 2, 2004
          In a message dated 10/2/04 3:18:07 AM Central Daylight Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

          The James White of Alpha Omega Ministries

          That is the one.

          Paul
        • bucerian
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 2, 2004
            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, covie1646
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > Finally, James White has a record of this kind of character
            > > assasination, as Paul's exchange with him posted here makes
            clear.
            > > Moreover, he is something of a phoney academic wannabe, as I
            > > have proven elsewhere (I fully realize that this is strong
            language
            > > but my assertion is proven by the facts), and that he treats
            > orthodox
            > > people with the same disdain that he does the cults that he
            > crusades
            > > against, is shameful.
            >
            > The James White of Alpha Omega Ministries or another James White?
            >
            > Whit

            The same...