Re: [Covenanted Reformation] The Pope is very Antichrist.

  • bucerian
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 1, 2004
      The Bishop of Rome and the Papal system yet remains the best
      candidate for
      > the man of sin Paul describes.
      >
      > Glenn

      May I respectfully say, that I think this a rather overly concessive
      way of stating this? This is niether the tone, nor the posture of the
      WCF. I would be happy to read your response to this. Thanks.

      TPL
    • Barry Ferguson
      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 8, 2004
        Dan:

             Blessings to your and your loved ones as well.

             Barry

        Dan Fraas <fraasrd@...> wrote:

        >      Are there any errors in the K.J.V.?

        I don't know.  I'm still a novice in Greek and Hebrew.  Ask me again
        in about 30 years.  Right now I find the KJV to be the most accurate
        and most skillful translation among all English translations which I
        have studied.

        >       Calvin and King James are both first rate, but are there no
        contemporary translations or commentaries you can safely recommend?

        The New King James Version is not bad.  I'm not as well-read in newer
        commentaries compared to the older stuff.  I hear that James M. Boice
        has some good stuff.

        Blessings in Christ,

        Riley

        Do you Yahoo!?