[Covenanted Reformation] Re: Bible translations and reformed churches

  • forisraelssake
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
      > As though THAT will do any good :-). Did you READ what Paul posted
      > here regarding the public slander White offered against me
      claiming I
      > also as a Theonomist (I have never even been a post-
      millennialist), a
      > hater of all Baptists, and finally, an Anti-Trinitarian? You may
      ask
      > Paul about this since he is the one demanded a public apology from
      > him, which to this day has never appeared...
      >
      > Theodore P. Letis

      Actually I wasn't able to read what Paul posted until this evening,
      because my ISP has been timing out when trying to connect to
      holywordcafe.com. But a friend of mine was able to forward the PDF
      to me and I was able to see all those things. What White should
      have said is that he was wrong about you being a theonomist and
      assumed too much from your connections; that you hating all Baptists
      was something he said heatedly and without thinking and he was sorry
      (as the facts obviously vindicate you); and that he can accuse a
      LCMS Lutheran of being anti-Trinitarian for the reasons he did is
      pretty incredible all right and makes him look very bad.

      Chris

      Montreal, QC
      RPNA

      (As a Reformed post-millennial theonomist, I don't really see why
      *everyone* shouldn't be theonomists too with me but that is neither
      here nor there....) :)
    • bucerian
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 1, 2004

        > Actually I wasn't able to read what Paul posted until this evening,
        > because my ISP has been timing out when trying to connect to
        > holywordcafe.com. But a friend of mine was able to forward the PDF
        > to me and I was able to see all those things. What White should
        > have said is that he was wrong about you being a theonomist and
        > assumed too much from your connections; that you hating all
        Baptists
        > was something he said heatedly and without thinking and he was
        sorry
        > (as the facts obviously vindicate you); and that he can accuse a
        > LCMS Lutheran of being anti-Trinitarian for the reasons he did is
        > pretty incredible all right and makes him look very bad.
        >
        > Chris
        >
        > Montreal, QC
        > RPNA

        Chris,

        This as very much appreciated...

        > (As a Reformed post-millennial theonomist, I don't really see why
        > *everyone* shouldn't be theonomists too with me but that is neither
        > here nor there....) :)

        Ah, and so we all shall all be once our King sets up His thrown here
        (but not in a pre-mil sense):-).

        TPL
      • covie1646
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 2, 2004
          > Finally, James White has a record of this kind of character
          > assasination, as Paul's exchange with him posted here makes clear.
          > Moreover, he is something of a phoney academic wannabe, as I
          > have proven elsewhere (I fully realize that this is strong language
          > but my assertion is proven by the facts), and that he treats
          orthodox
          > people with the same disdain that he does the cults that he
          crusades
          > against, is shameful.

          The James White of Alpha Omega Ministries or another James White?

          Whit
        • Anglicananswer@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 2, 2004
            In a message dated 10/2/04 3:18:07 AM Central Daylight Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

            The James White of Alpha Omega Ministries

            That is the one.

            Paul
          • bucerian
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 2, 2004
              --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, covie1646
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > Finally, James White has a record of this kind of character
              > > assasination, as Paul's exchange with him posted here makes
              clear.
              > > Moreover, he is something of a phoney academic wannabe, as I
              > > have proven elsewhere (I fully realize that this is strong
              language
              > > but my assertion is proven by the facts), and that he treats
              > orthodox
              > > people with the same disdain that he does the cults that he
              > crusades
              > > against, is shameful.
              >
              > The James White of Alpha Omega Ministries or another James White?
              >
              > Whit

              The same...