[Covenanted Reformation] Re: Bible translations and reformed churches

    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Anglicananswer@a...
      wrote:
      > I did not know Chris was a member of a Covenanter church.
      > It is rather depressing that he would promote anything (directly or by
      > suggestion) that the heretic and slanderer Whilte would say.

      Maybe you didn't notice the part where Chris asked Dr. Letis directly
      about this accusation, so that it can be put to rest if it is false?

      gmw.
    • bucerian
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
        <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
        Anglicananswer@a...
        > wrote:
        > > I did not know Chris was a member of a Covenanter church.
        > > It is rather depressing that he would promote anything (directly
        or by
        > > suggestion) that the heretic and slanderer Whilte would say.
        > >

        > Maybe you didn't notice the part where Chris asked Dr. Letis
        directly
        > about this accusation, so that it can be put to rest if it is false?
        >
        > gmw.

        Thanks for asking this. ALL of what our conspiratoralist has said
        about me is absolutely false. I am a member of the Lutheran Church--
        Missouri Synod and here is the public statement on our view of
        Scripture as found on our official website. Here you will find my
        position on Scripture:

        http://www.lcms.org/pages/internal.asp?NavID=563

        May I just say that he has also succeeded in changing the subject. I
        have accused him of following reprehensable KJV ONLY Ruckmanite
        material that discredits the Authorized Version, and he too should be
        made to reply to this.

        Finally, James White has a record of this kind of character
        assasination, as Paul's exchange with him posted here makes clear.
        Moreover, he is something of a phoney academic wannabe, as I
        have proven elsewhere (I fully realize that this is strong language
        but my assertion is proven by the facts), and that he treats orthodox
        people with the same disdain that he does the cults that he crusades
        against, is shameful.

        Please read the following with some care:

        http://www.holywordcafe.com/bible/IRRBS-04-20-02.pdf

        http://www.shields-research.org/Novak/CES/ces.htm

        Theodore P. Letis
      • Keith Dotzler
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
          Mr. Letis says:

          Thanks for asking this. ALL of what our conspiratoralist has said
          about me is absolutely false. I am a member of the Lutheran Church--
          Missouri Synod and here is the public statement on our view of
          Scripture as found on our official website. Here you will find my
          position on Scripture:

          http://www.lcms.org/pages/internal.asp?NavID=563

          May I just say that he has also succeeded in changing the subject. I
          have accused him of following reprehensable KJV ONLY Ruckmanite
          material that discredits the Authorized Version, and he too should be
          made to reply to this.

          To whom are you referring here, Mr. Letis?

          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
            Furthermore, why are you posting under two usernames?

            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
              --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Dotzler"
              <keipen@c...> wrote:
              > Mr. Letis says:
              >
              > Thanks for asking this. ALL of what our conspiratoralist has said
              > about me is absolutely false. I am a member of the Lutheran Church--
              > Missouri Synod and here is the public statement on our view of
              > Scripture as found on our official website. Here you will find my
              > position on Scripture:
              >
              > http://www.lcms.org/pages/internal.asp?NavID=563
              >
              > May I just say that he has also succeeded in changing the subject.
              > have accused him of following reprehensable KJV ONLY Ruckmanite
              > material that discredits the Authorized Version, and he too should
              be
              > made to reply to this.
              >
              > To whom are you referring here, Mr. Letis?

              Chris

              Montreal, QC
              RPNA ( http://www.ecn.ab.ca/prce/ )

              But having not looked very closely,I mistakenly thought it was
              yourself, since it was to you I offered my original reply.Sorry.
              Thanks for offering an opportunity to clarify that.

              TPL
            • Theodore Letis
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004

                Keith Dotzler <keipen@...> wrote:
                Furthermore, why are you posting under two usernames?

                Because when I joined your group Yahoo gave me another e-mail account that I thought I had to use for the list.I have since found out that I don't have to.

                tpl

                > > I did not know Chris was a member of a Covenanter church.
                > > It is rather depressing that he would promote anything (directly
                or by
                > > suggestion) that the heretic and slanderer Whilte would say.
                > >

                > Maybe you didn't notice the part where Chris asked Dr. Letis
                directly
                > about this accusation, so that it can be put to rest if it is false?
                >
                > gmw.

                Thanks for asking this. ALL of what our conspiratoralist has said
                about me is absolutely false. I am a member of the Lutheran Church--
                Missouri Synod and here is the public statement on our view of
                Scripture as found on our official website. Here you will find my
                position on Scripture:

                http://www.lcms.org/pages/internal.asp?NavID=563

                May I just say that he has also succeeded in changing the subject. I
                have accused him of following reprehensable KJV ONLY Ruckmanite
                material that discredits the Authorized Version, and he too should be
                made to reply to this.

                Finally, James White has a record of this kind of character
                assasination, as Paul's exchange with him posted here makes clear.
                Moreover, he is something of a phoney academic wannabe, as I
                have proven elsewhere (I fully realize that this is strong language
                but my assertion is proven by the facts), and that he treats orthodox
                people with the same disdain that he does the cults that he crusades
                against, is shameful.

                Please read the following with some care:

                http://www.holywordcafe.com/bible/IRRBS-04-20-02.pdf

                http://www.shields-research.org/Novak/CES/ces.htm

                Theodore P. Letis

                Do you Yahoo!?
              • forisraelssake
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                  > Thanks for asking this. ALL of what our conspiratoralist has said
                  > about me is absolutely false. I am a member of the Lutheran Church-
                  -
                  > Missouri Synod and here is the public statement on our view of
                  > Scripture as found on our official website. Here you will find my
                  > position on Scripture:
                  >
                  > http://www.lcms.org/pages/internal.asp?NavID=563
                  >
                  > May I just say that he has also succeeded in changing the subject.
                  > have accused him of following reprehensable KJV ONLY Ruckmanite
                  > material that discredits the Authorized Version, and he too should
                  be
                  > made to reply to this.
                  >
                  > Finally, James White has a record of this kind of character
                  > assasination, as Paul's exchange with him posted here makes clear.
                  > Moreover, he is something of a phoney academic wannabe, as I
                  > have proven elsewhere (I fully realize that this is strong
                  language
                  > but my assertion is proven by the facts), and that he treats
                  orthodox
                  > people with the same disdain that he does the cults that he
                  crusades
                  > against, is shameful.
                  >
                  > Please read the following with some care:
                  >
                  > http://www.holywordcafe.com/bible/IRRBS-04-20-02.pdf
                  >
                  > http://www.shields-research.org/Novak/CES/ces.htm
                  >
                  > Theodore P. Letis

                  Thanks for clarifying your position on infallibility for me. I'll
                  let James White know (if or when I ever see him again) that you do
                  not believe in or embrace Childs' views on scripture, and that he
                  should stop saying that.

                  Chris
                  RPNA
                • Anglicananswer@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                    In a message dated 9/30/04 6:48:48 PM Central Daylight Time, c_tylor@... writes:

                    Thanks for clarifying your position on infallibility for me. I'll
                    let James White know (if or when I ever see him again) that you do
                    not believe in or embrace Childs' views on scripture, and that he
                    should stop saying that.

                    Chris.
                         Are you connected to the Puritan Reformed Church of Edmonton?
                    Or with the other churches in that denomination?

                    Paul
                  • bucerian
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004

                      > Thanks for clarifying your position on infallibility for me. I'll
                      > let James White know (if or when I ever see him again) that you do
                      > not believe in or embrace Childs' views on scripture, and that he
                      > should stop saying that.
                      >
                      > Chris
                      > RPNA

                      As though THAT will do any good :-). Did you READ what Paul posted
                      here regarding the public slander White offered against me claiming I
                      also as a Theonomist (I have never even been a post-millennialist), a
                      hater of all Baptists, and finally, an Anti-Trinitarian? You may ask
                      Paul about this since he is the one demanded a public apology from
                      him, which to this day has never appeared...

                      Theodore P. Letis
                    • forisraelssake
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                        > Chris.
                        > Are you connected to the Puritan Reformed Church of Edmonton?
                        > Or with the other churches in that denomination?
                        >
                        > Paul

                        Yes Paul, I am. I am a communicant member in that denomination.

                        --Chris
                      • forisraelssake
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 30, 2004
                          > As though THAT will do any good :-). Did you READ what Paul posted
                          > here regarding the public slander White offered against me
                          claiming I
                          > also as a Theonomist (I have never even been a post-
                          millennialist), a
                          > hater of all Baptists, and finally, an Anti-Trinitarian? You may
                          ask
                          > Paul about this since he is the one demanded a public apology from
                          > him, which to this day has never appeared...
                          >
                          > Theodore P. Letis

                          Actually I wasn't able to read what Paul posted until this evening,
                          because my ISP has been timing out when trying to connect to
                          holywordcafe.com. But a friend of mine was able to forward the PDF
                          to me and I was able to see all those things. What White should
                          have said is that he was wrong about you being a theonomist and
                          assumed too much from your connections; that you hating all Baptists
                          was something he said heatedly and without thinking and he was sorry
                          (as the facts obviously vindicate you); and that he can accuse a
                          LCMS Lutheran of being anti-Trinitarian for the reasons he did is
                          pretty incredible all right and makes him look very bad.

                          Chris

                          Montreal, QC
                          RPNA

                          (As a Reformed post-millennial theonomist, I don't really see why
                          *everyone* shouldn't be theonomists too with me but that is neither
                          here nor there....) :)
                        • bucerian
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 1, 2004

                            > Actually I wasn't able to read what Paul posted until this evening,
                            > because my ISP has been timing out when trying to connect to
                            > holywordcafe.com. But a friend of mine was able to forward the PDF
                            > to me and I was able to see all those things. What White should
                            > have said is that he was wrong about you being a theonomist and
                            > assumed too much from your connections; that you hating all
                            Baptists
                            > was something he said heatedly and without thinking and he was
                            sorry
                            > (as the facts obviously vindicate you); and that he can accuse a
                            > LCMS Lutheran of being anti-Trinitarian for the reasons he did is
                            > pretty incredible all right and makes him look very bad.
                            >
                            > Chris
                            >
                            > Montreal, QC
                            > RPNA

                            Chris,

                            This as very much appreciated...

                            > (As a Reformed post-millennial theonomist, I don't really see why
                            > *everyone* shouldn't be theonomists too with me but that is neither
                            > here nor there....) :)

                            Ah, and so we all shall all be once our King sets up His thrown here
                            (but not in a pre-mil sense):-).

                            TPL
                          • covie1646
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 2, 2004
                              > Finally, James White has a record of this kind of character
                              > assasination, as Paul's exchange with him posted here makes clear.
                              > Moreover, he is something of a phoney academic wannabe, as I
                              > have proven elsewhere (I fully realize that this is strong language
                              > but my assertion is proven by the facts), and that he treats
                              orthodox
                              > people with the same disdain that he does the cults that he
                              crusades
                              > against, is shameful.

                              The James White of Alpha Omega Ministries or another James White?

                              Whit
                            • Anglicananswer@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 2, 2004
                                In a message dated 10/2/04 3:18:07 AM Central Daylight Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

                                The James White of Alpha Omega Ministries

                                That is the one.

                                Paul
                              • bucerian
                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 2, 2004
                                  --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, covie1646
                                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                  > > Finally, James White has a record of this kind of character
                                  > > assasination, as Paul's exchange with him posted here makes
                                  clear.
                                  > > Moreover, he is something of a phoney academic wannabe, as I
                                  > > have proven elsewhere (I fully realize that this is strong
                                  language
                                  > > but my assertion is proven by the facts), and that he treats
                                  > orthodox
                                  > > people with the same disdain that he does the cults that he
                                  > crusades
                                  > > against, is shameful.
                                  >
                                  > The James White of Alpha Omega Ministries or another James White?
                                  >
                                  > Whit

                                  The same...