Christianity in Crisis by Joseph Y. Lee

  • josephylee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2004

      Christianity in Crisis

      by Joseph Yosuk Lee

      To the Brothers and Sisters who are faithful in Christ Jesus:

      Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

      The Universal Protestant Christian Church is in a crisis. Here is a list of problems:

      1) It is my observation that there is no more church growth in the United States and South Korea. Most churches basically steal other members from other churches, and I have seen this happen when I was an undergraduate student at Berkeley and a graduate student at Irvine. Also, the members in the church are guilty of church-hopping. Sadly, there is a lot of competition among other churches.

      2) The church is compromising in terms of its moral standards regarding issues like homosexuality, abortion, and divorce. The church is becoming more guilty of the no-Lordship heresy. 80% of all Americans will say that they believe in God, and yet 50% of American men say that they are willing to sell their wives for $1 million. The no-Lordship heresy is the biggest heretical threat to the Universal Protestant Christian Church.

      3) The church is facing fierce competition from Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, Catholics, Buddhists, Hindus, the Boston Church of Christ, and the Unification Church.

      4) The church appears unintelligent and inane. Other words, most Christians do not know the Bible. Sadly, most believers do not know how to defend their Christian beliefs intelligently and Biblically.

      5) The church concentrates on entertaining people instead of actually worshiping God.

      6) The people in church do not work as hard as they should. They do not seem to care about the church. Some go to church only once every two weeks.

      7) The church is divided and is not united in one spirit. See list #3 and #1.

      Let’s pray for the church.

      Thank you for your prayers.

      Grace be with all those who incorruptibly love our Lord Jesus Christ.

      Following the will of God,

                  Joseph Yosuk Lee