Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Sins of the Church....Sins of the Fathers

  • Dan Fraas
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2004
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Soles"
      <dsranch@y...> wrote:

      > Cathie asks:
      > Why did the whole of Israel have to confess to the Lord, when one
      man sinned????

      > Riley answered:
      >

      > Dear Cathie,
      >
      > I don't see that all of Israel confessed to the Lord. They
      required
      > Achan to confess to the Lord and then they stoned him and his
      > family.
      >
      > Riley
      >

      > Riley, would you please explain to me your understanding of
      Joshua 7:1

      > Why was the Lord not just angry with Achan?
      >
      > ~Cathie~
      >
      > JOSHUA CHAPTER 7

      > 1 ¶ But the children of Israel committed a trespass in the
      accursed thing: for Achan, the son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi, the
      son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took of the accursed thing: and
      the anger of the LORD was kindled against the children of Israel.

      The Lord's anger was kindled against Israel covenantally for the sake
      of Achan, because of his sin. He brought God's wrath upon the whole
      nation. That's my understanding.

      Riley