Explanation

  • Soles
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2004
      An Explanation:

      Cathie wrote:

      Really, I just wanted to encourage Riley, because of his love for Christ,
      his love for the reformers, to really understand, that if he
      continues at the rate he is going....sigh he'll be ruined....yep ruined,
      just as I'm ruined..

      Ruined she says, yep ruined, like Cameron, and Cargill, I can't be joined
      with others that compromise, I was wanting him
      to count the cost of his love.

      Explanation, what did I mean???

      Were not the faithful prophets that were killed in Israel ruined? Their lives cut short, because they preached the truth, would not comprimise...honored the Lord above love for their own lives???

      Was not Christ ruined for the Lord's Glory??? In the sense of Him having a long life upon the earth, on His having a family, of  having a peaceful life, to Him even having a pillow to lay his head... of living to an old age and dying comfortably upon his bed with loved ones around him,loved ones that would  sweetly bid Him God's speed unto an eternal rest.???

      Just think about Christ's turmoil in the Garden, He faced the Ruining of His life, the ending of His life, the Suffering, the Agony, Death!!! And then we know it was more than just that; but also the Corruption placed upon Him, He became sin...the forsaking of His Father.

      Anyway, this was what I had in mind when I wrote that about being Ruined....being Ruined to the Lord's Glory.

      And I welcome correction from any of the brethern if I have not stated something there correctly or in anyway gave a false view of what happened to our Dear Lord.

      I pray that this is of some use.

      humbly submitted,

      ~Cathie-Iris:Soles~