Answer to Whit's questions

  • Rand Winburn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2004
      Dear Whit:
      Thanks so much for your positive feedback. We don't get it very often <smile>
      To answer your questions:
      (1) Bill Bright, who recently died, was a multi-millionaire, Arminian, Papist-honoring Futurist. He was a signatory of the infamous Evangelicals and Catholics Together treatise. John Ashbrook has written two books detailing evangelical compromise with the enemy: The New Neutralism, New Neutralism 2; [Mentor, Ohio: Here I Stand Books]. A Presbyterian minister from Oregon once confided with me that Bright, his personal friend, was such an extraordinary salesman that he convinced 1,000 millionaire 'Christian' businessmen to donate $1 million each to his ministry.
      (2) R. C. Sproul is a Preterist, a fact which he does not hide. This can be seen in his Revelation Commentary, as well as his Geneva Study Bible annotations which deliberately omit the original Geneva annotations of the Reformers who taught the Pope was the predicted Antichrist. I document this in my book, Antichrist in Our Midst. An html excerpt from my book is online: http://www.iconbusters.com/iconbusters/works-revisionism.htm
      Thus, Sproul is a traitor to the Protestant Reformation with which he claims kinship.
      (3) James Dobson is an ecumenist who mixes psychology, the vain philosophy of men, with Scripture. This the Roman Catholic Church does, which is why many ex-priests are psychological counselors. His website applauds Mel Gibson and his film with nary one word as to the evil doctrines which Mel or his Church holds.
      (4) Pat Robertson is a Pentecostal, Futurist, Arminian, millionaire ecumenist who honors the Pope on his visits to the States, meeting personally with him. He was also an original signatory of the Evangelicals and Catholics Together treatise.
      (5) J. I. Packer was an original signatory of the Evangelicals and Catholics Together treatise, a traitor to the Reformation which he claims to honor.
      (6) Chuck Colson was also a signatory, and is an avowed ecumenist.
      (7) Max Lucado was among the throng of ecumenical evangelicals who had nothing but praise for Gibson and his film.
      (8) Daffy Duck is no ecumenist. He has Protestant blood surging through his reformed veins <smile>

      Rather than a world converting to true Christianity - a doctrine believed by post-millennialists - we see the unfolding, decade by decade, of apostasy from the faith by those who would claim to be Protestant Evangelicals. This apostasy is also seen in the so-called 'Reformed' seminaries. John Robbins of Trinity Foundation has documented this fact in publications. Truly, the love of many is waxing cold.

      Hope this helps.

      Sincerely,
      Rand Winburn
      Director