Re: Christmass & Days of Thanksgiving and/or Fasting

  • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2004
      The sad state of affairs is that many Reformed and all of the
      Anglicans are into CONFORMITY and are given to the Truth only when
      it is suitable or the current fashion trend...of course this plays
      into the hands of the papal anti-christ!!!

      Proof? Just read the headlines amongst the various
      denominations...and many may have experienced it already in seeing
      it first hand...i.e. organs playing and so-called Xmas services to
      reach out to the lost!

      Anti-popish holy-days,

      -Edgar

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, covie1646
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Scripture does not give any indication of establishing Christmass
      or
      > even the specific date whether in the Jewish, Julian, or Gregorian
      > calendars. Hence, if Christmass was established apart from
      Scripture
      > (i.e, apart from God), it is obviously not a commandment of God
      but
      > the idolatry of Satan regardless if the practice was started in 0
      AD
      > or 125 AD. From the beginning of the Church, God has specifically
      > instituted the ways in which he is to be worshipped. If it is not
      in
      > Scripture, why risk disobeying a Holy God and incur God's wrath
      and
      > threatenings when we should not add to or taken away from God's
      > commandments especially concerning worship? God instituted the
      > Sabbath as holy-day. Occasionally we may see a Day of
      Thanksgiving