Xmas and popery.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2004
      Is one pastor having Mass at midnight properly understood as a holiday at all?  It may be superstitious practice, and which may have been repeated by this individual over and over again, but is that the same thing that we call Christmass today?

      Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 11:52 PM
      Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Recognition of the man of sin is a TEST

      In a message dated 7/28/04 10:38:05 PM Central Daylight Time, puritanpresbyterian@... writes:

      Or observing
      the Popish holy-days of Xmas &Easter?

      Edgar,
           ok...say Christmas was wrong....if I grant you that...the fact is the Pastor at Rome celebrated the Incarnation of our Lord on Dec. 25th with a midnight Eucharist service in 125 AD.
      Now.....lets assume that this pastor(most likely a direct appointee of an apostle or 2nd generation)...who was living 25 years or so after John finished Revelation....was wrong.....it could not have been a Popish holiday since the Papacy did not exist in 125 AD.

      Paul