Historicism The Protestant Alternative

  • bill_crany
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
      Hello members,

      Historicism is the Protestant view of eschatology proclaimed
      unanimously by the reformation, the founding statements of major
      protestant denominations, the confessions such as the westminster
      confession of faith, the reformers and the martyrs both post and
      ante reformation.

      If you are a student of the Historic view of protestant eschatology
      rather than preterism or dispensational futurism then I am pleased
      to make the following anouncement. A new forum has been set up
      specifically to cater for like minded people to fellowship, network
      and study this and other foundational reformation doctrines. Please
      visit the following website.

      This is not a forum for people of other views to debate on, if you
      are looking for open debate please visit our other forum:

      Regards

      crany
    • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
        Bill,

        Thank you! We too are Post Mil Historicist, and it is part of our
        Confessional Standard... www.ecn.ab.ca/prce www.albanycrpc.org

        I'll be popping in your group next week. Thanks!

        In Christ,

        Edgar

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "bill_crany"
        <bill_crany@y...> wrote:
        > Hello members,
        >
        > Historicism is the Protestant view of eschatology proclaimed
        > unanimously by the reformation, the founding statements of major
        > protestant denominations, the confessions such as the westminster
        > confession of faith, the reformers and the martyrs both post and
        > ante reformation.
        >
        > If you are a student of the Historic view of protestant eschatology
        > rather than preterism or dispensational futurism then I am pleased
        > to make the following anouncement. A new forum has been set up
        > specifically to cater for like minded people to fellowship, network
        > and study this and other foundational reformation doctrines.
        Please
        > visit the following website.

        > This is not a forum for people of other views to debate on, if you
        > are looking for open debate please visit our other forum:

        > Regards
        >
        > crany
      • Colin
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2004
          <bill_crany@y...> wrote:
          > Hello members,
          >
          > Historicism is the Protestant view of eschatology proclaimed
          > unanimously by the reformation, the founding statements of major
          > protestant denominations, the confessions such as the westminster
          > confession of faith, the reformers and the martyrs both post and
          > ante reformation.

          Just a slight correction. Historicism is *a* protestant view.
          Not "the" view.

          Orthodox Preterism is also a protestant view of eschatology (having
          been expounded and defend by protestant theologians for centuries).

          Colin