[Covenanted Reformation] Re: Anglicans

  • Dan Fraas
    Message 1 of 39 , Jul 1, 2004
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, A Mighty Fortress
      <edftepregon@y...> wrote:
      > Luther was not surpassed by anybody in Justification by Faith,
      despite the sad history of post Luther's Lutheran church.

      Dear brother, no one on earth has a lock on any doctrine. No one has
      said all that can be said about any doctrine, nor expounded it so
      perfectly that there were no room for greater clarity and
      distinction. Theology develops over time based on the attainments of
      those who came before. On the doctrine of Justification I'd like to
      show you some great articles for your perusal. They come from the
      Spring issue of the Free Grace Broadcaster:

      http://www.mountzion.org/fgb/Spring04/FgbSP-04.html

      (By the way, the Mt. Zion Bible Church Chapel Library is a great
      resource for FREE! gospel literature by reformed and calvinistic
      authors. They'll ship anywhere in the world for free. They have
      some Spanish booklets and tracts as well.)

      Calvin and Reformed men give us the great Covenant Theology,
      producing sound exegesis and fighting the Jesuitical Arminian
      doctrine --Luther could not do that since at those times he was at
      home with the Lord.

      > Luther taught that were the Word is, the Church is. He rightly
      taught that include in the bosom of Antichrist church the true,
      hidden church, the assembly of all believers, was there.

      Calvin also taught this.

      >The Word was living in the church worship; in the words of
      instituion, "for the forgiveness of sins"; and thus Christ reigned in
      the middle of His enemies. Luther has a catholic (not Roman) view re
      what the church is: the Word forms the church and the church are true
      believers ruled by the Word. Think in the church as an external
      institution is common to all the Reformed and Anabapstist churches,
      >and a step back to Papalist theocratic thoughts.

      The church is both internal and external, invisible and visible.
      That's why the Catholic church can be both a false church and also
      contain members of the true church within her ranks. There is God's
      perspective and our perspective when it comes to the church.
      Otherwise church officers could not exercise church discipline
      according to Jesus' instruction and institution (Matt 18:15-20)
      because they lack God's ability to see into the heart.

      >Luther was evangelical. Calvin with his theocratical aristocratic
      Consistories put into again legalistic trends, mixing church and
      >state once more,

      Calvin was evangelical and theocratic. Jesus is not only our prophet
      and priest, but also our king. Luther was great on certain topics,
      but he failed as a systematic theologian by getting off-balance on
      certain issues. Calvinism teaches the whole counsel of God with each
      Bible teaching in context with the others, and without getting off-
      balance by focusing to much or too little on one topic.

      Blessings in Christ,

      Riley

      > In Christ,
      >
      > Pastor Enrique Ivaldi.
      >
      > PS. On Luthers theology, please read the J.I. Packer's introduction
      to Bondage of Will. Thank you.

      > Anglicananswer@a... wrote:
      > I would agree...no one is parroting anyone.
      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.

      > ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express
      yourself
    • J. Parnell McCarter
      Message 39 of 39 , Jul 3, 2004

        Daniel 12:11, like Rev 11:2, says that the 1260/1290 "days" begin with the abomination of desolation.  The abomination of desolation was in 70 AD.  Wyckliffe was born c 1330 AD and began his public ministry in 1360 AD.  Is that an accident?  I do not think so.

        As for as the date of the beginning of the "millennium", it is a very speculative matter.  But for reasons I explain in "Let My People Go" (at www.puritans.net) ,  my best **guess** is 2033 AD.  But before that, my guess is that the USA will fall as the world's superpower and be replaced by the Romish beast.

        - Parnell McCarter