[Covenanted Reformation] Re: More eye openers

  • Dan Fraas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2004
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ginny Dohms"
      <gdawn@w...> wrote:

      > > Wait a minute! Are you comparing the PCA to the OPC?!
      >
      > Not at all. I am just saying that in the context of these egroups
      that I
      > used to be on, there were predominately members of either the PCA
      or the OPC
      > churches. I made no reference to the OPC in what I was saying
      regarding
      > this church's website, as it is irrelevant since it has nothing to
      do with
      > them.

      Ginny,

      Thank you for your gracious response. We are smaller than the PCA.
      For every one of our OPC congregations there is at least one PCA
      congregation which is just as committed to reformed doctrine,
      worship, and presbyterian polity. (Although none such in our
      geographic region.) However there is a wide diversity of views on
      worship in the PCA, esp. the more "broad evangelical" (or liturgical,
      I guess???) congregations, as you've seen from at least one example.
      The first post on current reformed happenings predicted that the PCA
      will be a liberal church in 1-2 generations. I think there will be a
      huge split in the PCA between the reformed congregations and
      the "evangelical" (aka liberal) congregations before that
      happens.

      God bless,

      Riley

      It just happened that I met people from both church denominations in