Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: More eye openers

  • Ginny Dohms
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2004
      > Wait a minute! Are you comparing the PCA to the OPC?!

      Not at all. I am just saying that in the context of these egroups that I
      used to be on, there were predominately members of either the PCA or the OPC
      churches. I made no reference to the OPC in what I was saying regarding
      this church's website, as it is irrelevant since it has nothing to do with
      them. It just happened that I met people from both church denominations in
      the same forum and it was from meeting these folk in this setting that I was
      under the impression that the PCA was conservatively reformed.

      The PCAers always painted their denomination in the best possible light, as
      do we all, but none ever mentioned their church practicing in worship what
      this John Knox Presbyterian PCA church does. That is why I was wondering if
      it is the norm, or the exception.

      Anyway, sorry that you thought I was comparing the two denominations, as
      that was the farthest thing from my mind, when I wrote my post. I guess I
      should not have even mentioned OPC in my post but it was just a fact that
      these groups usually were comprised of people from both of these two
      denominations. They just seemed to be attracted to the same discussion
      boards.

      Ginny
    • Dan Fraas
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2004
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ginny Dohms"
        <gdawn@w...> wrote:

        > > Wait a minute! Are you comparing the PCA to the OPC?!
        >
        > Not at all. I am just saying that in the context of these egroups
        that I
        > used to be on, there were predominately members of either the PCA
        or the OPC
        > churches. I made no reference to the OPC in what I was saying
        regarding
        > this church's website, as it is irrelevant since it has nothing to
        do with
        > them.

        Ginny,

        Thank you for your gracious response. We are smaller than the PCA.
        For every one of our OPC congregations there is at least one PCA
        congregation which is just as committed to reformed doctrine,
        worship, and presbyterian polity. (Although none such in our
        geographic region.) However there is a wide diversity of views on
        worship in the PCA, esp. the more "broad evangelical" (or liturgical,
        I guess???) congregations, as you've seen from at least one example.
        The first post on current reformed happenings predicted that the PCA
        will be a liberal church in 1-2 generations. I think there will be a
        huge split in the PCA between the reformed congregations and
        the "evangelical" (aka liberal) congregations before that
        happens.

        God bless,

        Riley