Re: [Covenanted Reformation] More eye openers

  • RfmdPres
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 9, 2004
      Wow! It's almost like a bad joke or something. I just looked all
      through the site, and they seem so very proud of all their extrabiblical
      trappings. Years ago I attended a PCUSA church and it was a lot like
      this church. I was shocked then that the PCUSA would have adopted so
      much from the Roman Catholics. :-(

      Jeannine
    • glenn2m
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2004
        I would say that this church is unique in the denomination. Being a
        member of the PCA, I HOPE that it is unique... There are no other
        reformed denominations nearby that I would bother attending.

        BTW - I would agree that the PCA has some serious challenges in it's
        worship and it's future. They seem to a certain extent to have sold
        out to many "modern" ideas.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ginny Dohms"
        <gdawn@w...> wrote:
        > From my exposure to the PCA and OPC churches over the years,
        through
        > discussions on various egroups, I had the impression that the PCA,
        though in
        > error in certain areas, was a fairly conservative, reformed
        denomination.
        > Then this PCA church in Ruston, LA was brought to my attention.
        If I had
        > not known it was a PCA, I would have thought, after looking at
        these
        > pictures, it was a Roman Catholic church or some variation of
        that. When
        > did the PCA adopt all the pomp and ceremony, complete with
        crosses, kneeling
        > benches, color coordination for all the holy days, etc. or is this
        church a
        > real unique one in their denomination?
        >
        > http://www.johnknoxpca.org/
        >
        > http://www.johnknoxpca.org/palmsunday2003.html
        >
        > http://www.johnknoxpca.org/colors.html
        >
        > I daresay John Knox would be turning over in his grave if he saw
        his name on
        > this church, pretending to carry on his legacy.
        >
        > Ginny
      • Cheryl
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9, 2004
          <<I daresay John Knox would be turning over in his grave if he saw his name on
          this church, pretending to carry on his legacy.>>

          No kidding.  The march to Rome continues as formerly reformed people leave the biblical principles of worship.

          Cheryl

        • Dan Fraas
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2004
            <gdawn@w...> wrote:
            > From my exposure to the PCA and OPC churches over the years, through
            > discussions on various egroups, I had the impression that the PCA,
            though in
            > error in certain areas, was a fairly conservative, reformed
            denomination.

            Wait a minute! Are you comparing the PCA to the OPC?! A a card-
            carrying OPC'er I resent that! There's a reason why I drive 40 miles
            every Sunday instead of attending the PCA on my block. Around here
            the PCA churches harbor a generally hostile attitude toward the
            reformed faith. They use "TR" as a slur to describe us. (=Truly
            Reformed)

            Riley
            member, Christ OPC
            SLC UT