Re: Submitted for your consideration...

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2004
      Edgar,

      I'm glad you appreciate the quote, and that you understood the spirit
      in which is was posted. I'm sorry, but I'll have to decline
      participating in such a discussion in public at this time. In my
      experience, I've found them to be unfruitful, and despite people's
      best efforts, tempers do flame up and nasty things do end up being
      said. Also, I am planning on discussing some of these types of
      issues (though not exactly the way you present them here) with others
      (church officers) privately, and so my comments here may unwittingly
      sabatoge those efforts. If others wish to have a fresh try at calmly
      discussing these issues, I will not stop anyone. But as for me, I
      will say only this... 1. Let us cease to presume each other's
      position. I've found that too many rumors are believed to be truth.
      2. I do not believe "nudie" is the only sin we are forbidden to be
      entertained by. 3. I believe that the Bible does lay down certain
      rules regarding masculine and feminine apparelling which we should
      not be so quick to label "indifferent." Beyond that, I do not care
      to go at this time, in this forum.

      If you want to discuss some things privately, that might be nice.

      raging.calvinist@...