Re: David Steele's departure

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2004
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "toratora1649"
      <toratora1649@y...> wrote:
      > David Steele left the RPCNA. Why? And is there some easily accessible
      > source of information about the whole affair?

      Steele, and those with him, remained in the RPCNA and patiently
      attempted to sway her back to her old ways, until the Synod
      demonstrated that they were finished following the old paths. For a
      very very short account of what happend, see
      http://www.truecovenanter.com/deedcons.html

      For a little more detail as to the problems Steele and the others with
      him that did not want to be in this new church that denies the old
      ways, see
      http://www.covenanter.org/RefPres/actdeclarationandtestimony/supplepart3.htm#oldlights

      And this is a helpful survey of the differences between the modern
      RPCNA and those who continue to hold to the views that the RPCNA used
      to hold to when they first came to America:
      http://ecn.ab.ca/prce/books/rpcna/rpcna.htm

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2004
        <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:

        > For a little more detail as to the problems Steele and the others
        with
        > him that did not want to be in this new church that denies the old
        > ways, see

        http://www.covenanter.org/RefPres/actdeclarationandtestimony/supplepar
        t3.htm#oldlights

        I don't write so good, but you understand, ain't?