David Steele's departure

  • toratora1649
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2004
      David Steele left the RPCNA. Why? And is there some easily accessible
      source of information about the whole affair?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2004
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "toratora1649"
        <toratora1649@y...> wrote:
        > David Steele left the RPCNA. Why? And is there some easily accessible
        > source of information about the whole affair?

        Steele, and those with him, remained in the RPCNA and patiently
        attempted to sway her back to her old ways, until the Synod
        demonstrated that they were finished following the old paths. For a
        very very short account of what happend, see
        http://www.truecovenanter.com/deedcons.html

        For a little more detail as to the problems Steele and the others with
        him that did not want to be in this new church that denies the old
        ways, see
        http://www.covenanter.org/RefPres/actdeclarationandtestimony/supplepart3.htm#oldlights

        And this is a helpful survey of the differences between the modern
        RPCNA and those who continue to hold to the views that the RPCNA used
        to hold to when they first came to America:
        http://ecn.ab.ca/prce/books/rpcna/rpcna.htm

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2004
          <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:

          > For a little more detail as to the problems Steele and the others
          with
          > him that did not want to be in this new church that denies the old
          > ways, see

          http://www.covenanter.org/RefPres/actdeclarationandtestimony/supplepar
          t3.htm#oldlights

          I don't write so good, but you understand, ain't?