Re: David N Steele book

  • Colin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2004
      <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:

      > No, that fine little book [by Steele and Thomas] is not written by
      > the Covenanter minister,

      Come to think of it, no Covenanter minister I can recall has ever
      written a book on the Five Points of Calvinism (unless you count
      Samuel Rutherford's 2 latin books on "Examen Arminianismi" or
      "Examination of Arminianism", and his "Exercitationes
      Apologeticae Pro Divina Gratia" or "A Defense of Divine Grace").

      http://www.westminsterassembly.org/examinationofarminism.ht

      > but by two Baptist ministers, David N. Steele, and Curtis
      > Thomas (who I think are both living, and from
      > Arkansas... can't be sure though, as I've lended out my copy
      > and never saw it again!)

      Steele is deceased and Thomas is retired. But their book has
      been recently reprinted and updated by a new co-author named,
      S. Lance Quinn (a former assistant to John MacArthur).

      http://www.discerningreader.com/fipoofca2nde.html

      I haven't read this new "revised" version yet, but I hope the
      doctrine of limited atonement was not "revised" or watered down.
      I am curious to know what exactly was "revised" in this updated
      edition.

      Colin

      "toratora1649"