Re: David N Steele book

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2004
      No, that fine little book is not written by the Covenanter minister,
      but by two Baptist ministers, David N. Steele, and Curtis Thomas (who
      I think are both living, and from Arkansas... can't be sure though, as
      I've lended out my copy and never saw it again!)

      gmw.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "toratora1649"
      <toratora1649@y...> wrote:
      > Is the book entitled The Five Points of Calvinism, by David Steele,
      > authored by the same David N Steele who was a covenanter minister in
      > PA until his death in about 1880?
    • Colin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2004
        <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:

        > No, that fine little book [by Steele and Thomas] is not written by
        > the Covenanter minister,

        Come to think of it, no Covenanter minister I can recall has ever
        written a book on the Five Points of Calvinism (unless you count
        Samuel Rutherford's 2 latin books on "Examen Arminianismi" or
        "Examination of Arminianism", and his "Exercitationes
        Apologeticae Pro Divina Gratia" or "A Defense of Divine Grace").

        http://www.westminsterassembly.org/examinationofarminism.ht

        > but by two Baptist ministers, David N. Steele, and Curtis
        > Thomas (who I think are both living, and from
        > Arkansas... can't be sure though, as I've lended out my copy
        > and never saw it again!)

        Steele is deceased and Thomas is retired. But their book has
        been recently reprinted and updated by a new co-author named,
        S. Lance Quinn (a former assistant to John MacArthur).

        http://www.discerningreader.com/fipoofca2nde.html

        I haven't read this new "revised" version yet, but I hope the
        doctrine of limited atonement was not "revised" or watered down.
        I am curious to know what exactly was "revised" in this updated
        edition.

        Colin

        "toratora1649"