Re: About Queen Jane Grey calvinist

  • puritanreformed
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2004
      Hi Cathy,
      Seems to me that Hollywood (ugh!) made an actually almost-credible
      version of her short-lived history. The movie was quite popular
      amongst the "young theologians" in my old PCA church years
      ago...called "Lady Jane". Except for the usual Hollywood touches, it
      was an interesting look at this woman's stand for Reformation truth
      during her day, leading to her martyrdom.

      Sheila

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Soles"
      <dsranch@y...> wrote:
      > I have one question, recently Dr. Lee sent to me some comments
      > on Lady Jane Grey....Queen for nine days.
      >
      > Does anyone on the list know where I can find the letters she
      > wrote to the reformers of her time?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > ~Cathie~
      >
      > paste>>>>
      >

      > Good people, I have come hither to die and by a law I am condemned
      > the same....
      > Before God and the face of you, good Christian people, this day I
      > pray you all, to bear me witness that I die a true Christian
      woman,
      > and that I look to be saved by none other means, but only by the
      > mercy of God, in the merits of the blood of his only son, Jesus
      > Christ. And I confess, when I did know the Word of God, I neglected
      > the same, loved myself and the world, and thereto the plague or
      > punishment is happily and worthily happened unto me for my sins.
      And