Limbo and John Calvin

  • setfreein1973@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2004
      Did John Calvin believe in Limbo as the Catholics believe?

      Stan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2004
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, setfreein1973@a...
        wrote:
        > Did John Calvin believe in Limbo as the Catholics believe?

        It is not likely that he did.

        "It is childish to enclose the souls of the dead in a prison."

        http://www.reformed.org/documents/Christ_in_hell/

        If you are going to debate with Romanists, which I do not recommend
        doing for an extended length of time unless God has called you to
        such a task, I would avoid debating every point they throw at you...
        they can tend to be all over the place. Pick the important topic and
        make them stick to it, as much as they try to squirm away from it.
        When it is clear that they are obstinate in their error, let them
        be. Just some advice from a guy that's been around the block a time
        or two.

        gmw.
      • Jasper
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2004
          gmw <raging.calvinist@...> wrote:

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, setfreein1973@a... wrote:
          > Did John Calvin believe in Limbo as the Catholics believe?

          It is not likely that he did.

          Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that John Calvin was opposed to ALL forms of dancing.

          Oh wait - that's the fundamentalists that oppose dancing....

           ....like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior (1 Peter 1:15)

          Do you Yahoo!?