Re: Jerry et al..

  • Vincent R. Skolny
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2004
      I once read a book by a baptist-- don't remember his name, but the
      book was titled "Dear Preacher, Please Quit." Within the book were
      the customary, fundamentalist baptist notion that "the KJV is
      inspired", even to the point that "charity" in 1 Cor. 13 is the
      inspired translation of agape, "love" being unacceptable. But, the
      word wine? Well, that is obviously unfermented juices.

      I laughed while reading and still do when I think about it.

      <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:

      > Covenanters believe in using the best available translation, from
      the
      > best available text, that has been approved for use in our
      Churches --
      > and yes, that ends up being the KJV. Do not mistake this, however,
      > with the KJV-only folks who insist that the KJV is the only Word of
      God.

      > gmw.
      >
      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deejay"
      > <CrazyCalvinist@f...> wrote:
      > > I was just wondering, out of curiosity, more than anything, as
      it
      > seemed
      > > to ding my gong, of someone saying that here before, but do the
      > covies,
      > > church, think only the KJV is a proper version of Scripture to be
      read?

      > > I don't, I have to say from the outset. But just wondered if
      the
      > memebers
      > > here did, and what the reasons behind it were if so.
      > >
      > > (if this is a faulty memeory then sorry and just ignore)
      > >
      > > ~Deejay
      > > --
      15/04/2004