RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Covenanter quiz

  • CrazyCalvinist
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2004
      Hey Jerry,

      I may be way off the mark here.  But May 1st always used to be May Day here..and it does have historic roots. But if that is it,  I don't h ave a clue as to the covie  persecution context.

      ~Deejay
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2004
        Nope! Not May 1st.

        Thanks for playing!

        gmw.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "CrazyCalvinist"
        <CrazyCalvinist@f...> wrote:
        > Hey Jerry,
        >
        > I may be way off the mark here. But May 1st always used to be May Day
        > here..and it does have historic roots. But if that is it, I don't h
        ave a
        > clue as to the covie persecution context.
        >
        > ~Deejay

      • thebishopsdoom
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2004
          <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
          > It's May. What imposed May "holiday" proved to be an occassion of
          > further persecution of the Covenanters?
          >
          > gmw.

          While on the topic of May presbie history anyway, and it's just now
          coming up on May 6th -
          http://www.e-ayrshire.co.uk/local/mauchline/index/covmem.html