Re: Covenanter quiz

    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2004
      Hmm... close... right guy, slightly wrong occassion. Also, I was
      looking for the date.

      Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@y...> wrote:
      > Was it the celebration of the accension of King Charles II to the
      > throne?
      >
      > -Edgar
      >
      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "gmw"
      > <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
      > > It's May. What imposed May "holiday" proved to be an occassion
      of
      > > further persecution of the Covenanters?
      > >
      > > gmw.
    • CrazyCalvinist
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2004
        Hey Jerry,

        I may be way off the mark here.  But May 1st always used to be May Day here..and it does have historic roots. But if that is it,  I don't h ave a clue as to the covie  persecution context.

        ~Deejay
        Hmm... close... right guy, slightly wrong occassion.  Also, I was
        looking for the date.

        Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@y...> wrote:
        > Was it the celebration of the accension of King Charles II to the
        > throne?
        >
        > -Edgar
        >
        > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "gmw"
        > <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
        > > It's May.  What imposed May "holiday" proved to be an occassion
        of
        > > further persecution of the Covenanters?
        > >
        > > gmw.

        Delivery confirmed by confimax.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2004
          Nope! Not May 1st.

          Thanks for playing!

          gmw.

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "CrazyCalvinist"
          <CrazyCalvinist@f...> wrote:
          > Hey Jerry,
          >
          > I may be way off the mark here. But May 1st always used to be May Day
          > here..and it does have historic roots. But if that is it, I don't h
          ave a
          > clue as to the covie persecution context.
          >
          > ~Deejay

        • thebishopsdoom
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2004
            <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
            > It's May. What imposed May "holiday" proved to be an occassion of
            > further persecution of the Covenanters?
            >
            > gmw.

            While on the topic of May presbie history anyway, and it's just now
            coming up on May 6th -
            http://www.e-ayrshire.co.uk/local/mauchline/index/covmem.html