Re: Covenanter quiz

  • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2004
      Was it the celebration of the accension of King Charles II to the
      throne?

      -Edgar

      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2004
        Hmm... close... right guy, slightly wrong occassion. Also, I was
        looking for the date.

        Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@y...> wrote:
        > Was it the celebration of the accension of King Charles II to the
        > throne?
        >
        > -Edgar
        >
        > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "gmw"
        > <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
        > > It's May. What imposed May "holiday" proved to be an occassion
        of
        > > further persecution of the Covenanters?
        > >
        > > gmw.
      • CrazyCalvinist
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2004
          Hey Jerry,

          I may be way off the mark here.  But May 1st always used to be May Day here..and it does have historic roots. But if that is it,  I don't h ave a clue as to the covie  persecution context.

          ~Deejay
          Hmm... close... right guy, slightly wrong occassion.  Also, I was
          looking for the date.

          Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@y...> wrote:
          > Was it the celebration of the accension of King Charles II to the
          > throne?
          >
          > -Edgar
          >
          > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "gmw"
          > <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
          > > It's May.  What imposed May "holiday" proved to be an occassion
          of
          > > further persecution of the Covenanters?
          > >
          > > gmw.

          Delivery confirmed by confimax.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2004
            Nope! Not May 1st.

            Thanks for playing!

            gmw.

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "CrazyCalvinist"
            <CrazyCalvinist@f...> wrote:
            > Hey Jerry,
            >
            > I may be way off the mark here. But May 1st always used to be May Day
            > here..and it does have historic roots. But if that is it, I don't h
            ave a
            > clue as to the covie persecution context.
            >
            > ~Deejay

          • thebishopsdoom
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2004
              <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
              > It's May. What imposed May "holiday" proved to be an occassion of
              > further persecution of the Covenanters?
              >
              > gmw.

              While on the topic of May presbie history anyway, and it's just now
              coming up on May 6th -
              http://www.e-ayrshire.co.uk/local/mauchline/index/covmem.html