A new article has been added to the ReformationOnline website

  • Larry Vest
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2004
      A new article titled Son of God, Son of Mary by Peter J. Wallace has been added to the ReformationOnline website at http://www.reformationonline.com/SonofGod.htm

      ....Jesus did not have a split personality. He did not have two centers of activity that were trying to do two different things. His two natures operated in perfect harmony, because he was one person. When Jesus said, "Not my will, but thine be done," it was not as though his humanity was operating while his divinity was out to lunch. It was the whole Christ who spoke, in the anguish and suffering that was possible for him because of the properties of his human nature.

      When he said, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matt. 27:46), it was the whole Christ who spoke. We must be careful here, because we are speaking of things we cannot understand very well, but Scripture requires us to say that the eternal bond of love and harmony between the Father and the Son was not functioning at that moment. According to the properties of his divine nature, Jesus was still upholding the universe as the eternal Word of God, but according to the properties of his human nature, he, as a whole person, was alienated from the Father. Perhaps that is why the "sun's light failed" (Luke 23:45) and "the earth shook, and the rocks were split" (Matt. 27:51). The integrity of heaven and earth was shaken as the eternal Son of God endured the wrath of his Father.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Larry Vest
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 12, 2004
        A new article titled A Letter to a Friend - by Nat
        Carswell has been added to the ReformationOnline
        website at http://www.reformationonline.com/friend.htm

        I feel like a man stuck in quick sand. No matter that
        I want very much to extricate myself, I am being drawn
        ever deeper into a place where I will no longer be
        able to breathe and I will, after much agony finally
        expire (oh the darkness, the darkness)! You are making
        this entirely too complex (which is what most
        statists-even, or especially, the well meaning
        Christian variety) do.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Larry Vest
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
          A new article titled Who Sent the Earthquake and the
          Tsunami? - by Nollie Malabuyo has been added to the
          ReformationOnline
          website at
          http://www.reformationonline.org/tsunami.htm

          Since the first man Adam sinned in the Garden of
          Eden, mankind has sought to answer some of life's most
          difficult questions: Why do disasters happen? If God
          is a good God, why is there suffering in this world?
          Why me? These age-old questions come to the forefront
          again after the South Asia earthquake-tsunami
          disaster. Christians of course answer with an
          affirmation of God's sovereignty. But some of us ask,
          Is God sovereign only over good, and not over evil?
          Others, like Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury,
          suggests that we should not seek for answers, but only
          to be involved in a "passionate engagement with the
          lives that are left" and to seek "ways of changing the
          situation."2 But what does the Bible say?

          The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
          http://my.yahoo.com
        • Larry Vest
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
            A new article titled AN OPEN LETTER to Those Leaving
            Covenant Commitments by Edward Allen Thomas has been
            added to the ReformationOnline website at
            http://www.reformationonline.org/leaving.htm

            A common illusion in our society is that breaking
            commitments is not a problem, as long as some other
            party has done something which has hurt our feelings,
            and thereby relieved us of obligation...

            Yahoo! Sports
            http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
          • Fred blahous
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
              I wonder if the writer of that article has any familiarity with the
              British Covenants. It seems that all of our covenant breaking ways
              as a British people (Aussie, Canuck, Yankee, etc), has extended to
              other covenants as well. William III set a very bad precedent.

              --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Larry Vest