9722Re: Re: The Church Adrift

  • Robert Suden
    Feb 16, 2004
      Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:51:14 -0000
      > > From: "gmw"
      > > Subject: Re: The Church Adrift
      > >
      > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Robert Suden
      > > wrote:
      > >
      > > >It has a number of very interesting things to say,
      > > > among them a critique of what could be easily applied to John
      > > > Murray's version of the free offer.
      > >
      > > Sounds interesting. I remember reading Murray/Stonehouse and not
      > > being comfortable with some of the particulars they proposed. I
      > would
      > > like to see a critique of the position from someone who does not
      > deny
      > > the Free Offer itself.

      Greetings, gmw,
      As Simon mentioned, Dr. Young has a pretty good statement and basically
      critiques M&S without naming any names. After all, he wrote the Minority
      Committee Report on psalmody with J Murray in the OPC. It was reprinted
      (?) in the PRC magazine, but the last time I checked was not in the
      archive at their site. J Robbin's Trinity Review ran Garret Mattingly's
      Myth of Common Grace #54 in Mar/Apr. 1987 which critiques the M&S version
      of the FO and should be on the Trinity Found. website.
      http://www.trinityfoundation.org/reviews/journal.asp?ID=055a.html

      cordially in Christ
      Bob Suden
      RPNA