9361RE: [Geneva_Bible] Re: 1599 Geneva Bible Update: Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai,

  • SteveZ167
    Nov 30, 2003
      Here is something I have noticed that the 1599 Geneva Footnotes has and the Sproul 1599 Geneva Footnotes (New Geneva Study Bible) censor out, in 1 Corinthians 3:3 we see a clear and bold statement about Freemasonry. I will scan the page out of my 1599 Geneva Bible to prove it to anyone who has doubts.

      1 Corinthians 3

       1 And (1) I could not speak unto you, brethren, as unto spiritual men, but as unto (a) carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

      (1) Having declared the worthiness of, heavenly wisdom, and of the Gospel, and having generally condemned ye blindness of man's mind, now at length he applieth it particularly to the Corinthians, calling them carnal, that is, such in whom as yet the flesh prevaileth against the Spirit. And he bringeth a double testimony of it: first, for that he had proved them to be such, in so much that he dealt with them no otherwise than with ignorant men, and such as are almost babes in the doctrine of godliness: and secondly, because they showed indeed by these dissensions, which sprang up by reason of the ignorance of the virtue of the Spirit, and heavenly wisdom, that they had profited very little or nothing.
      (a) He calleth them carnal, which are as yet ignorant: and therefore to express it the better, he termeth them babes.

       2 I gave you milk to drink, and not (b) meat: for ye were not yet (c) able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

      (b) Substantial meat, or strong meat.
      (c) To be fed by me with substantial meat: therefore as the Corinthians grew up in age, so the Apostle nourished them by teaching, first with milk, then with strong meat, which difference was only but in the manner of teaching.

       3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as (d) men?

      (d) By the square and compass of man's wit and judgment.

      The Square and Compass is most definitely referring to those evil doers of Freemasonry, here is their symbol, notice the Square and Compass and the G stands for their great Architect (Lucifer)
      Here is Sproul's 1599 Geneva Footnote for 1 Corinthians 3:3 that for some reason this guy saw fit to bring us an NIV (Modern Perversion) version of the true footnotes:
      (d) Using the tools of man's intellect and judgment.
      Home Page
      1599 Geneva Bible Online

      1 Corinthians 14:8 And also if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to battle?

      "Let not Geneva be forgotten or despised. Religious liberty owes it most respect."   John Adams, the second president of the United States

      Yahoo Group Owner
      To: Geneva_Bible@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Geneva_Bible] Re: 1599 Geneva Bible Update: Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai,

      "Now I plan to continue with the footnotes continuing with 1 Corinthians."

      I can't wait! :)