9212Re: Sole Claim to Apostolic Succession?

    Nov 8, 2003
      The Culdees come to mind, mentioned both in the Act, Declaration and
      Testimony, and in A. Shield's A Hind Let Loose. They were in Scotland
      before Popery ever got there. I wish I knew more about them.

      "Those early witnesses for Christ, having no other ambition but that
      of advancing piety and the doctrines which were according to
      godliness, were therefore called Culdees, that is, Cultores Dei, or
      worshipers of God. The doctrine, worship, discipline, and government
      of the house of God being thus established, continued for many years,
      taught and exercised, according to divine institution." (A,D,&T).

      Shield's on the Caldees can be read here:
      http://www.covenanter.org/AShields/Hind/partIperiod1.htm

      gmw.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Britton"
      <bander1643@y...> wrote:
      > John,
      >
      > The question I was trying to address was the Papists' claim that they
      > are the only TRUE church; you know, "Where was YOUR church before the
      > Reformation." Could you address that issue?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Tom
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic