8854Re: honeymoon observance

  • weeping_calvinist
    Aug 26, 2003
      Worship comes first. We cannot properly keep the 2nd Table of the
      Law, without properly keeping the 1st. Love God, then your wife.
      And then, love your wife by teaching her to love God. In other
      words, go worship together! :)

      May God bless your union, and may He give you increase, and may your
      wife do you good all the years of your life and not evil (Prov.
      31:12).

      gmw.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Fraas"
      <fraasrd@y...> wrote:
      > I'm getting ready for my wedding and honeymoon, and I have a
      question
      > in my mind concerning Sabbath observance on my honeymoon. I
      stumbled
      > across this yesterday:
      >
      > Deuteronomy 24
      > 5 When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war,
      > neither shall he be charged with any business: but he shall be free
      > at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken.
      >
      > I'm getting married on a Saturday, and my question is whether it is
      > proper that we attend public worship on the following morning.
      It's
      > not burdensome and I'm not trying to weasel out of corporate
      > worship. This statute says that a man should not work or fight on
      > his honeymoon. (Wouldn't that have been nice to take off for a
      whole
      > year!) Did this also apply to keeping religious feasts and Temple
      > offerings? Was a man expected to observe those on his honeymoon?
      >
      > thanks,
      >
      > Riley
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic