8853Re: [Covenanted Reformation] honeymoon observance

  • Dan Fraas
    Aug 26, 2003
      Right now we're studying Genesis. I don't have any materials so I'm
      doing it the old fashioned-way. I'm creating study questions as we
      go along. Then, after we get a chance to read it together in English
      and she reads it on her own (in Tagalog), I catechize her using the
      questions I made. I'm seeing a lot of fruit in this.

      God bless,

      Riley
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, kim White
      <sewingkim@y...> wrote:

      > Since, she is just learning it would be a good first
      > Bible Study to go through together about keeping the
      > Sabbath and the importants of it. Setting goals
      > together like I said it will be difficult to keep
      > Sundays scared to worshipping God.
      > I have often found out I have bought into lies simply
      > because it was the excepted thing around me and did
      > not know. When this happens I tell myself like Romans
      > where have I exchanged a truth for a lie.
      > I am sure you do not have this mentenilty I am the
      > head in this is what we do but will show her and teach
      > her why so she can understand. I am sure she has
      > eagerness to know more about God and how to obey his
      > commandments.
      > I have no idea of what Bible studies materials to use
      > maybe you have some already.?
      > Kim

      > --- Dan Fraas <fraasrd@y...> wrote:
      > > Thanks, Kim!
      > >
      > > I tend to agree with you. I haven't discussed it
      > > with my betrothed.
      > > She's a "baby Christian" and would be unlikely to
      > > voice an opinion.
      > > She is very submissive in such matters, (and in
      > > general).
      > >
      > > Riley
      > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com,
      > > kim White
      > > <sewingkim@y...> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Congratulations, on your wedding. Its an
      > > interesting
      > > > question brought up.
      > > > My point of view if I where finally getting
      > > married
      > > > and on Saturday. I would want to start my new
      > > married
      > > > life out right and maybe not travel for that
      > > honeymoon
      > > > until Monday and nothing would be more wonderful
      > > to go
      > > > to church together as man and wife on Sunday.
      > > Starting
      > > > out focusing establishing the Sabbath would be a
      > > good
      > > > important step.
      > > > Besides what you do in the beginning will be what
      > > you
      > > > want throughout your married life. Because,
      > > believe me
      > > > things will come up on Sundays we live in a world
      > > not
      > > > focus on Sundays so you will have many temptations
      > > > ahead so maybe this is a good test to start out
      > > right.
      > > > As a new wife I would be thrilled to know that my
      > > > husband loved the lord so much and obey his
      > > > commandments even after we just got married I
      > > would
      > > > want to support his decision.
      > > > Of course, have you discussed this with your
      > > future
      > > > wife.?
      > > > I hope I have been of some help an encouagement
      > > its
      > > > so easy for me to take a Sunday for granted
      > > they'll be
      > > > other Sundays.
      > > > Kim

> [...]
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic