8851Re: [Covenanted Reformation] honeymoon observance

  • Dan Fraas
    Aug 26, 2003
      Thanks, Kim!

      I tend to agree with you. I haven't discussed it with my betrothed.
      She's a "baby Christian" and would be unlikely to voice an opinion.
      She is very submissive in such matters, (and in general).

      Riley
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, kim White
      <sewingkim@y...> wrote:

      > Congratulations, on your wedding. Its an interesting
      > question brought up.
      > My point of view if I where finally getting married
      > and on Saturday. I would want to start my new married
      > life out right and maybe not travel for that honeymoon
      > until Monday and nothing would be more wonderful to go
      > to church together as man and wife on Sunday. Starting
      > out focusing establishing the Sabbath would be a good
      > important step.
      > Besides what you do in the beginning will be what you
      > want throughout your married life. Because, believe me
      > things will come up on Sundays we live in a world not
      > focus on Sundays so you will have many temptations
      > ahead so maybe this is a good test to start out right.
      > As a new wife I would be thrilled to know that my
      > husband loved the lord so much and obey his
      > commandments even after we just got married I would
      > want to support his decision.
      > Of course, have you discussed this with your future
      > wife.?
      > I hope I have been of some help an encouagement its
      > so easy for me to take a Sunday for granted they'll be
      > other Sundays.
      > Kim

      > --- Dan Fraas <fraasrd@y...> wrote:
      > > I'm getting ready for my wedding and honeymoon, and
      > > I have a question
      > > in my mind concerning Sabbath observance on my
      > > honeymoon. I stumbled
      > > across this yesterday:
      > >
      > > Deuteronomy 24
      > > 5 When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go
      > > out to war,
      > > neither shall he be charged with any business: but
      > > he shall be free
      > > at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which
      > > he hath taken.
      > >
      > > I'm getting married on a Saturday, and my question
      > > is whether it is
      > > proper that we attend public worship on the
      > > following morning. It's
      > > not burdensome and I'm not trying to weasel out of
      > > corporate
      > > worship. This statute says that a man should not
      > > work or fight on
      > > his honeymoon. (Wouldn't that have been nice to
      > > take off for a whole
      > > year!) Did this also apply to keeping religious
      > > feasts and Temple
      > > offerings? Was a man expected to observe those on
      > > his honeymoon?
      > >
      > > thanks,
      > >
      > > Riley

      > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com