8703Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Uncomprimising Christians

  • s.padbury@tiscali.co.uk
    Jul 2, 2003
      Dear Peter,

      You wrote,

      <<I have a book by Alexander Hislop called the Two Babylons which compares
      Romanism to the pagan worship of Belshazzar. I haven't had the chance to
      read it yet is it good?>>

      Yes, it's very good, and worth reading more than once.

      If you are able, it's also worth you while getting the sermon CD titled
      "True and False Worship" by Mr Roy Mohon, available on the James Begg Society's
      website (http://www.jbeggsoc.org.uk).

      Mr Mohon, my pastor, is a fan of Hislop, and what he says in that sermon
      is in accord with Hislop, and John Knox, and is also what all Covenanters
      on this list would agree with and heartily endorse. (Paisley would agree
      with it all except for where Mr Mohon promotes exclusive Psalmody.) In fact
      I would also recommend you all get it! though some of you may not want to
      as my pastor is not in a Covenanter denomination (though he is in full agreement
      with the Covenanters, and trained at an RP seminary). It may also let you
      know, those who are interested, what sort of preaching is still (though
      rarely) available here in the United Kingdom.

      Yours sincerely,

      Simon Padbury.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic