7752Baptism of Infant for Today

  • Gary Gearon
    Feb 8, 2003
      We are seeking who may be able to baptize in this day and age, in the form
      of a faithful ministry ("well being/bene esse" - according to the WCF). Does
      anyone have any info on when or how baptism is to be administered in times
      of church crisis? What did the Covenanted Presbyterians do when there were
      no ministers of the gospel? Were there covenant children not baptized? We
      have considered a Free Church of Scotland baptism, but we're wondering how
      it would compare to a Roman Catholic baptism which Knox accepted as valid.
      Could any ordained Presbyterian minister of a church "in being" administer a
      lawful baptism?

      Pondering before acting,