6619Re: Forget about the South, concentrate on the Covenant

  • Jason Robert Schuiling
    Nov 24 4:42 PM
      Here here! and amen!
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "PuritanPresbyterian"
      <PuritanPresbyterian@m...> wrote:
      > Dear brethren,
      > The following is from Larry Birger and he reminds us about the
      struggle of the Covenanters. This is indeed a struggle for which
      Christians should concentrate on, not on pitiful and useless debates
      of the "Civil War" that profit nothing but are dung. We are here to
      build Christ's Kingdom in Church & State and to call everyone, every
      where to submit to the royal authority of Christ and to believe in
      Him. To call the Jews and Gentiles to repentance, to pray for the
      downfall & overthrow of Anti-Christ and her bastard whores, the
      driving back of the Locust (ISLAM), to seek to demonstrate mercy to
      all through the propagation of the Gospel and the Second Coming of
      Christ. If we do not take up the Banner of Christ, but instead
      debate about who was right in the "civil War" and other such
      frivolous topics, we waste our time and profit no man (or woman)
      > "Now, Christians, the more great and glorious things you
      expect from God, as the downfall of antichrist, the conversion of
      the Jews, the conquest of the nations to Christ, the breaking off of
      all yokes, the new Jerusalem's coming down from above, the
      extraordinary pouring out of the Spirit, and a more general union
      among all saints, the more holy, yea, the more enimently holy in all
      your ways and actings it becomes you to be."
      Thomas Brooks, The Crown and Glory of Christianity, 1662 (Complete
      Works, 1867, p.444).
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic