5236Re: Solemn League and Covenant (Eire/Ireland IS bound)

  • seamrog1935
    Sep 1, 2002
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "raging_calvinist"
      <ragingcalvinist@c...> wrote:
      > "I would also be bound by the SLC."
      >
      > How will this affect things for you, Patrick?

      I don't know. I printed the SLC and read it more closely to see what
      the Covenant was actually promising to God. I am trying to
      understand what it means in its talking about the King and the
      kingdoms especially about the King's authority, the union of the 3
      kingdoms, the King's happiness and peace, etc. The document sounds
      like I would have to change to a Unionist or Tory position and swear
      allegiance to the UK, her former kingdoms, and her monarchs over my
      allegiance to the US. (For my job, I signed a written Oath of
      Allegiance to the US where the US has priority over allegiance to
      another Prince or State.) Also, it seems that I would have to
      support the US and Eire going back into union with the UK.

      Patrick
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic