4803Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Bible version?

  • vg626
    Aug 3, 2002
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "raging_calvinist"
      <ragingcalvinist@c...> wrote:

      > "Whose General Assembly? And what would make it a 'lawful General
      > Assembly?'"
      >
      > Whose General Assembly? Why the General Assembly of the Church of
      > the United States! What? There is no such thing? Well then we'll
      > have to wait a while, I suppose.

      vg So there is no acceptable General Assembly of any Presbyterian
      Church in the United States that you would recognize?

      > What would make it a lawful General Assembly? For starters, it
      would
      > have to be one that is proven faithful in retaining those
      Reformation
      > attainments fought so hard for during the 1st and 2nd Reformation.
      > Most groups calling themselves a general assembly are not truly
      > General Assemblies (how can there be a GENERAL assembly over so
      many
      > different "Presbyterian" denominations?), and are in a state of
      > decline and "DEformation" (neglecting or even trampling on
      > Reformation Principles).

      vg On top of that, in your view, there is no 'lawful General
      Assembly' in any denomination in the United States today? Is there
      a "lawful General Assembly" anywhere in the world, today, in your
      view? If not, was there ever one, when, where and what made it lawful
      whereas none of them are today?
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic